Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
HSEE 2021 exam date has been announced, and it will be conducted on June 13, 2021. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madrasconducts HSEE (Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination) for admission to a five-year integrated M.A course in two streams, i.e. English Studies and Development Studies. The first two years of this five-year intergraded course will be the same for both the two streams and the allocation of the stream will be based on the students’ preferences.
|HSEE 2021 Application Form||HSEE 2021 Syllabus|
|HSEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria||HSEE Question Papers|
HSEE 2021 Important Dates
The important dates for HSEE 2021 can be checked here -
|Registration start date||February 01, 2021|
|Registration last date||March 15, 2021|
|HSEE 2021 Admit Card||May 12, 2021|
|HSEE 2021 Exam Date||June 13, 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Madras HSEE 2021
- Class 12 pass from a recognized board. Candidates who are pursuing Class 12 can also apply.
- Candidates who passed or are pursuing a final year course of the Joint Services Wing of National Defence Academy can also apply.
- Class 12 NIOS students with a minimum of five subjects are also eligible for HSEE.
- International students who passed Class 12 from a recognized board can also apply for the IIT Madras HSEE entrance exam.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Class should be 60% marks for General and OBC categories, 55% for Reserved and PWD categories.
- The upper age limit is 25 years for General and OBC categories, and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Candidate can also have qualified High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
IIT Madras HSEE Application Process 2021
- The online application form needs to be filled for HSEE.
- Visit the official website of HSEE IIT Madras
- Complete the "Registration" on the official website
- After the registration process, login with login credentials
- Fill the application form with personal, educational/ academic and contact details
- Upload the scanned copies of signature, photograph and supporting documents
- Pay the application fee
- The application fee for female and reserved category candidates is Rs. 1,200
- The application fee for General and OBC category is Rs. 2,400
IIT Madras HSEE Selection Process
- IIT Madras will prepare a common rank list of all the candidates who score above 50% in HSEE.
- A separate rank list will be prepared for SC/ ST, PwD and OBC-NCL categories.
- OBC-NCL candidates must score at least 45% marks in HSEE to feature in the rank list.
- SC/ ST and PwD categories must score at least 25% marks in HSEE to feature in the rank list.
- General and OBC category students must score 50% marks in HSEE.
- The seat allocation is made on the basis of merit and availability of seats.
IIT Madras HSEE Exam Pattern
- HSEE Exam is divided into Part I and Part II.
- Part I exam will have multiple-choice questions, and the duration of the exam is 2 ½ hours.
- Part II consists of Essay Writing, and the duration is 30 minutes.
- The HSEE question paper will be in the English language.
- For better performance in Part I, students will have to focus more on the topics related to Environment and Ecology, World Affairs, Indian Society and Culture, Indian Economy, English Language and Comprehension and Analytical and Quantitative Ability.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest updates on HSEE 2021 exam.