- News byStream
JEE Mains 2016 Ranks and Rank Cards Announced
Ranks for JEE Main 2016 were announced on the official website of JEE and CBSE.
In order to check your JEE Main 2016 rank, fill in your roll number and date of birth and your rank will be displayed.
JEE Mains date was earlier going to be announced on or before June 30, 2016 however according to the official website of JOSAA, the date of declaration of ranks was mentioned as June 23. The scores for JEE Mains were announced on the official website of CBSE on April 27, 2016.
On April 3, 9 and 10 aspirants from different cities in India and from abroad appeared for JEE Mains 2016. The two parts in which the exam was conducted was:
- Online exam was conducted on April 9, 10 2016 whereas the offline exam was conducted on April 3, 2016.
After the declaration of JEE Main ranks, students can now sit for the counselling process by JOSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
Also, the conducting body of JEE i.e CBSE has issued the rank cards of JEE Main 2016.
A JEE Main Rank card has the following things mentioned in it:
1. The roll number of a candidate
2. Personal details including name of the candidate, mother’s name, father’s name.
3. Category & Subcategory which includes the category a candidate belongs to. Example: General, ST, SC etc.
4. Name of the state from which the candidate belongs.
5. His educational qualification.
6. Candidate’s nationality
7. Percentile Score in Qualifying Examination:
8. Candidates All India Percentile Score in JEE Main 2016
9. Aggregate of JEE Main mark
10. Composite Score: Composite score is usually calculated after combining 60% of JEE Main score (a) and 40% of the normalized score (b). See below for example-
11. Composite Score=
12. Common Rank List (CRL) Rank
About JEE Main:
Conducted by CBSE, the exam is a conducted on a national level for enrolling into various prestigious institutions offering engineering programmes. These engineering institutions include NITs (National Institutes of Technology), IITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology) and other centrally funded technical institutions (CFTIs).
Keeping up pace with the changing technologies, Manipal University has launched Virtual Classroom at Manipal Institute ...
This is the time of the year when all MBA aspirants must be preparing themselves for the GD, PI and WAT rounds of ...