- News byStream
JKBOSE Announces 10th and 12th Class Results
The Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE) announced the results of Class 12th examinations on 4th May'16, 2016.
According to the reports, girls performed better than boys and a pass percentage of 49 has been recorded. Candidates can check their result on the official website of the Jammu and Kashmir Board.
About the Board:
The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education was established through a legislation under the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education Act, 1975.
The apex body is the governing board comprising the following members:
- Chairman, J & K State BOSE ? Commissioner/Secretary Education
- Director School Education (Jammu Division)
- Director School Education (Kashmir Division)
- A representative each of the two Universities of Jammu & Kashmir respectively, to be nominated by the concerned University Council
- Four school teachers to be nominated by Government, of whom 2 shall be lady teachers concerned with Girls’ Education and 2 male teachers concerned with Boys’ Education
- An eminent educationist connected with the administration, to be nominated by Government
- A representative of one of the Teachers’ Training Institutions in the States, to be nominated by the Government
- 2 persons nominated by Government, one male and one female officer from among Principals, Headmasters and Headmistress of teaching institutions in the State
- Secretory, BOSE (Member Secretory)
Functions of BOSE:
- Conduct public examinations of secondary and higher secondary Classes
- Prepare and publish results of examinations
- Grant diplomas and certificates
- Prescribe the courses of instruction, scheme of studies, prepare syllabi, curriculum and textbooks for the School Education as per National Policy on Education
- Print and supply textbooks to the School Education Department
- Provide education through State Open School under open distance learning (ODL) mode for those who have missed formal schooling
- Award medals and prizes to meritorious students in public examinations
- Grant affiliation to private (secondary and higher secondary) schools
- Implement National Sponsored Schemes like Adolescence Education Programme, NTSE/NMMS, Scholarships, National Achievement Survey, etc.
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti has appointed Vice-Chancellors for the Cluster University in ...
Placement season is at its peak in India with colleges conducting placement drives. Organizations from various domains ...