Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE) has announced the result for summer zone class 10 and class 12 board examination. Candidates can check their result on the official website of the Jammu and Kashmir Board, i.e. http://jkbose.jk.gov.in/. after the exams. The JKBOSE website released the class 10 result on 15th June 2020. The overall pass percentage for the year 2020 was captured to be 70%. The JKBOSE class 10th result for Jammu Division was delayed due to the spread of the coronavirus pandemic in the nation.
The JKBOSE class 12 board exam for Jammu Division began on 27th February 2020 and wrapped up on 26th March 2020. The result was finally released on the official website on Sunday, i.e. 28th June 2020. The overall pass percentage recorded for the year 2020 is 77%. Out of 33,779 students who appeared for the JKBOSE class 12th exam, 26,139 qualified. As per the reports, girls scored better than boys this year as well. Students willing to check their result can visit the official website of JKBOSE or can get the entire information by clicking here.
The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education was established through a legislation under the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education Act, 1975.
The apex body is the governing board comprising the following members:
- Chairman of the Board/Commissioner/Secretary of Education
- Director School Education (Jammu Division)
- Director School Education (Kashmir Division)
- A representative each of the two Universities of Jammu & Kashmir respectively, to be nominated by the concerned University Council
- Four school teachers to be nominated by Government, of whom 2 shall be lady teachers concerned with Girls’ Education and 2 male teachers concerned with Boys’ Education
- An eminent educationist connected with the administration, to be nominated by Government
- A representative of one of the Teachers’ Training Institutions in the States, to be nominated by the Government
- 2 persons nominated by Government, one male and one female officer from among Principals, Headmasters and Headmistress of teaching institutions in the State
- Secretory, BOSE (Member Secretory)
Also Read: JKBOSE class 10 summer zone 2020 date sheet
Functions of JKBOSE:
- Conduct public examinations of secondary and higher secondary Classes
- Prepare and publish results of examinations
- Grant diplomas and certificates
- Prescribe the courses of instruction, scheme of studies, prepare syllabi, curriculum and textbooks for the School Education as per National Policy on Education
- Print and supply textbooks to the School Education Department
- Provide education through State Open School under open distance learning (ODL) mode for those who have missed formal schooling
- Award medals and prizes to meritorious students in public examinations
- Grant affiliation to private (secondary and higher secondary) schools
Also Read:Odisha Board Class 10 Date Sheet 2020
- Implement National Sponsored Schemes like Adolescence Education Programme, NTSE/NMMS, Scholarships, National Achievement Survey, etc.