- News byStream
LBS Centre, Kerala Open for SET June 2016
LBS Centre for Science and Technology Palayam, Nandavanam, Thiruvananthapuram is open for admission to the Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE through the State Eligibility Test for June 2016 session.
The Board of Examinations approves the SET syllabus.
There will be two papers for the SET June 2016
Paper - I is common for all candidates. It consists of two parts
- General Knowledge
- Aptitude in Teaching
Paper - II will be a test based on the subject of specialisation of the candidate at the Post Graduate (PG) Level
Who can Apply for SET:
- Educational Qualification: Those who have acquired Master's Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed degree in any discipline from any one of the Universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other university recognised as equivalent to it are eligible to apply for the SET-June-2016
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those having M.Sc Ed Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade from one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT will be eligible to apply
- For Botany and Zoology, those having M.Sc Ed Degree in Life Science (with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade) from one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible
- For the subjects Anthropology, Commerce, French, Gandhian Studies, Geology, German, Home Science, Journalism, Latin, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics and Syriac, candidates need not acquire B.Ed Degree for applying for the State
- Those who have acquired II class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with not less than 50% marks and B.Ed are eligible to appear for SET in English
- Candidates who have obtained a Diploma in Hindi Teaching, but do not have B.Ed Degree, are eligible to apply for SET by the exemption clause provided in the Special Rules
- Candidates undergoing the final year course of the Postgraduate studies will also be permitted to appear for SET if they already have B.Ed SET certificates. They will be issued admit cards only if they qualify the PG/B.Ed exams in their first chance of the final exam of the course
- The B.Ed candidates shall produce the pass certificates, and PG candidates shall provide both the pass certificates and mark lists for proving their eligibility after qualifying the SET-June-2016
- Relaxation of Minimum Marks for SC/ST Candidates: Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories will be granted a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks prescribed for the eligibility to appear for the State Eligibility Test
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for candidates looking for applying to SET
How to Apply for SET:
- Apply online through the official website.
- Candidates intending to register for the State Eligibility Test are required to pay the fee for the Test in advance to obtain the site access key along with the application number for Online Registration.
- The fee shall be Rs.750 for General/OBC candidates and Rs.375 for SC/ST/VH/PH candidates
Important Dates for SET 2016:
- Starting of Distribution of Application Forms-30th May 2016
- Starting of Online Registration-30th May 2016
- Closing of Distribution of Application Forms-25th June 2016
- Last Date for Online Registration-25th June 2016 at 03.00 PM
- Last Date for Receipt of Filled-in-Applications-25th June 2016 at 05.00 PM
- Issue of Online Hall Tickets-20th July 2016
- Date of Exam Test-31st July 2016 (Sunday)
- Publishing of Answer Keys in Website-05th August 2016
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore - the conducting body of Common Admission Test or CAT 2016 has released ...
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM) selects students on the basis of scores secured by a candidate in either XAT, ...