- News byStream
NCERT to Host 3-Day Seminar On Sanskrit Education
NCERT is mulling over hosting a three-day seminar on the status of Sanskrit education in the country.
The three days seminar is being planned by a panel on promoting the Sanskrit language under the recommendation of Human Resource Development Ministry (HRD).
Former Chief Election Commissioner N Gopalaswami is heading the panel. The Panel has recommended several measures to promote the Sanskrit language in the country.
Also Read: HRD Appeals NCERT to Popularise Sanskrit
Suggestions of the Panel
- NCERT to prepare a status report of the textbooks of all the classes
- When the existing textbooks of Sanskrit to be prepared.
- How many times these textbooks were revised.
- When they were last revised.
- What are the new designs included during the last revision
- NCERT may collect data of the number of sanctioned posts of Sanskrit teachers in every state.
- Collect data of Sanskrit teachers in each state and the number of sanctioned posts.
- The number of posts filled and the number of vacant posts.
- The number of government and government-aided schools and private schools where Sanskrit is taught.
It is to be noted that HRD ministry had last year formed a committee under the chairmanship of N Gopalaswami to assess and review the status of Sanskrit language and schemes for development of Sanskrit.N Gopalaswami is currently the Chancellor of Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha.
In 1961 Government of India established NCERT to advise and assist the central and state governments on academic matters related to school education. Its headquarter is located at Sri Aurobindo Marg in New Delhi.
The main objectives of NCERT are - Implementation of National Curriculum , Universalisation of Elementary Education (UEE), Evaluation and examination to reform IT education, Education of groups with special needs etc. Dr. Hrushikesh Senapathy was officially appointed as new Director of NCERT in September 2015.
Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis announced that the students who want to avail scholarships must link ...
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM) selects students on the basis of scores secured by a candidate in either XAT, ...