The Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE has released the notification for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG 2017. The examination will take place on May 7, 2017. Usually, CBSE declares NEET notification in the month of December. However, due to various changes like upper age limit and other, the issue of notification had been pushed further. The online registration process for NEET 2017 commenced on January 31, 2017. Here is the detailed notification and information on NEET 2017.
- The candidates who are aspiring for MBBS/ BDS seat through NEET-UG 2017 must note that the minimum age to appear for NEET is 17 years.
- 25 years is the upper age limit for NEET. However, it is applicable only for General Category.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories have five years relaxation.
- From this year, the candidates will have only three chances to take NEET.
- The candidates who have taken AIPMT examination thrice earlier will not be allowed to take NEET-UG 2017.
- The candidates who took NEET-UG 2016 will thus be left with only two more attempts.
- 10+2 is the minimum qualification to appear for NEET-UG 2017.
- Biology, Physics and Chemistry must be the subjects of study in +2 or Intermediate.
NEET-UG 2017 Application Process: -
- CBSE's official website is the gateway for filling online applications for NEET-UG 2017.
- However, before filling NEET-UG 2017 online application, the candidates should read the instructions.
- The instructions are available on the CBSE's official site under the tab ‘Downloads'.
- After reading the instructions, come back to the homepage and click on ‘Apply Online' under the tab ‘Online Services'.
- A new page opens with the instructions once again, and at the end, there is a link called ‘Apply online'.
- A fresh tab opens which contains the registration form.
- Fill the details carefully.
- Aadhar Number is mandatory for NEET-UG 2017.
- After entering details, click ‘NEXT'.
- A registration number will be generated, and the candidates must note down the registration number and keep it handy for further use.
- Fill the remaining part of the application form by using the registration number.
- Proceed to upload of photograph and signature.
- Then pay the application fee and take the printout of application form.
Note: - Candidates who are applying from Jammu & Kashmir, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh need to submit Self-Declaration Form online for All India Quota seats (15%).
Application Fee: -
- General category and OBC candidates need to pay Rs. 1,400 as application fee.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PH categories need to pay Rs. 750 as application fee.
Important Dates: -
|NEET-UG 2017 online registrations begin||January 31, 2017|
|NEET-UG 2017 online registrations end||March 1, 2017|
|NEET-UG 2017 Admit Card availability||April 15, 2017|
|NEET-UG 2017 exam||May 7, 2017|
|NEET-UG 2017 result||June 8, 2017|