- News byStream
St Stephens DU Announces Admission Cut-offs
With the announcement of cut-off list by Delhi’s St Stephen’s College, everyone has been left surprised with a decrease in the bench mark set by the college for admissions. This time, the general category did not see any rise which has not been the case for past so many years.
Cut off for St. Stephens most sought after course, Economics is down by 0.25%.
Commerce students had to deal with this year's highest cut off in English which was set at 99%.
Only and only BA programme for science and commerce students saw an increase of 0.5% i.e 96.5% for science and 97% for commerce.
Cut-off for rest of the courses either remained same or was saw a decrease.
Taking the science streams into consideration, cut-offs for every course except Physics (Hons) decreased.
A 0.33% increase was seen in the cut off of Physics (honours).
St. Stephens is a religious minority institution and thus reserves 50% of its seats for Christians. The cut-offs for the reserved category has increased this year.
- Science - 96.5% (2015-96%)
- Commerce - 97% (2015-96.5%)
- Humanities - 96% (2015-96%)
- Science - 97% (2015-97.25%)
- Commerce - 97% (2015-97.25%)
- Humanities - 96 (2015-96%)
- Science - 97.25% (2015-97.75%)
- Commerce - 98% (2015-98%
- Humanities - 96.75% (2015-96.75%)
- Science - 75% (2015-75%)
- Commerce - 80% (2015-75%)
- Humanities - 70% (2015-70%)
BSC PROG (PCM)
- 2016 - 95.33% (2015 - 96%)
- 2016 - 97.33% (2015 - 97%)
- Science - 97.25% (2015-97.5%)
- Commerce - 98.25% (2015-98.5%)
- Humanities - 96.75% (2015-97%)
- Science - 98% (2015-97.75%)
- Commerce - 99% (2015-99%)
- Humanities - 97.5% (2015-97.5%)
- Science - 96% (2015-96.75%)
- Commerce - 97% (2015-96.75%)
- Humanities - 95.75% (2015-96.75%)
- 2016 - 96.33% (2015 - 96.66%)
BSC PROG WITH COMPUTER SCIENCE
- 2016 - 96.33% ( 2015 - 97%)A
Note: To get admission in the college, students will have to sit for an aptitude test and then appear for an interview. The above mentioned cut off will only qualify you for the selection procedure.
The weightage is divided in the following categories:
- Test and interview: 15%
- Class 12th board exam mark: 85%
Mr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Minister of HRD (State) informed Rajya Sabha that the HRD Ministry has decided to discard ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...