The Shivaji University, Kolhapur is pleased to invite you for the Association for Angiosperm Taxonomy (IAAT) and International Seminar on Conservation and th Sustainable Utilization of Biodiversity that will be held from 7 to 9 November, 2016. The organizing committee looks forward to your active participation and valuable contribution.
About SUK -
Shivaji University, established in 1962, is named after the Great Warrior and founder of the Maratha
Empire Chhatrapati Shivaji has recently been accredited with ‘A’Grade by NAAC (CGPA3.16). It stands
th first in Maharashtra and 28 in India in NIRF ranking. Department of Botany, established in 1964 is known
for its contributions in various fields of Plant Sciences. Department is supported by UGC DRS SAP-II,
DSTFIST-II, IPLS (DBT) and known for its well established Lead Botanical Garden (LBG) in India.
Call for Papers: Abstracts of research papers on following themes are invited for oral/ poster presentations.
- Systematics of flowering plants
- Modern trends and techniques in taxonomy
- Biodiversity assessment and conservation
- Phytogeography, Endemism and threatened plants
- Ethnobotany and medicinal plants
- Bioprospecting and sustainable utilization
The abstracts, not exceeding 250 words, with title, author(s) and affiliation typed in Times New
Roman Font 12 size and 1.5 line spaces on A4 size paper should be submitted online. Soft (to email) and hard copy should be submitted along with Registration Form and fees on or before 20 September, 2016.
Young scientists (below 40 years of age) are eligible to compete for the following awards (1 to 5) of IAAT. The upper age limit for 6 award is 45 years as on the date of submission of abstract/paper. Intending authors should indicate the name of award on the abstract and at the top of the first page of full paper. Persons who have won the award earlier are not eligible to compete for the same award. Minimum of three entries are essential for holding the competition in each category.
- K. S. Manilal Award - Floristics (Including new Taxa/ New Reports)
- Rolla S. Rao Award - Biodiversity Conservation (Angiosperms).
- T. R. Sahu Award - Medicinal Plant Systematics
- S. R. Yadav Award - Poster presentation.
- Fr.Antonhy Mukkath -K. S. Manilal Award - Modern techniques in Taxonomy
- M.Sabu Award - Angiosperm Taxonomy (For teachers and Scientists).
- Prof. D. B. Shinde, Vice-Chancellor
- Prof. S. R. Yadav
Registration Fees: Non Refundable
|Category||Upto 20/09/2016||Spot Registration|
|Foreign Delegates||$200||Not Applicable|
Registration and Abstract submission:- 20 September, 2016
Accommodation:- 15 October, 2016
Travel plan:- 2 November, 2016
(Registration Fees should be paid in the form of DD drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of Finance and Accounts Officer, Shivaji University, Kolhapur payable at Kolhapur and mailed to Organizing Secretary)
Will be arranged in Student's hostels. Accommodation in Hotels will be arranged on request with full payment in advance. Last minute request for accommodation will not be entertained.
Source - Prasad Patil, City Jouranalist, College Dekho