The government of Telangana has announced an overseas scholarship scheme for Backward Class (BC) students. The scheme has been named as Mahatma Jyothi Rao Pule. The announcement was made by CM of the state, Chandrasekhar Rao.
Under this scheme, BC students would get scholarship up to Rs. 20 lakh for their studies abroad. The government is already providing an overseas scholarship for SC & ST students.
Eligibility Criteria for Telangana BC Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2019
The eligibility criteria for Telangana BC Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2019 can be checked below -
- In order to be eligible for the Telangana BC overseas scholarship scheme, the applicants should not be more than 35 years old as on July 01, 2019.
- The annual family income of the candidates should not be more than Rs. 5,00,000.
- The applicants should have a minimum of 60% of marks in the Bachelor's degree in Pure Sciences/ Engineering/ Management/ Agricultural Science/ Medicine/ Nursing/ Social Sciences/ Humanities.
- The applicants should have a COE or I-20 and VISA
- The applicants should have a valid score in GRE/ GMAT/ IELTS. TOEFL
Official Website to Apply for Telangana BC Overseas Scholarship Scheme
Candidates who are eligible as per the above guidelines can register for Telangana BC Overseas Scholarship Scheme by visiting the official website. The official website for the registration is www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in
August 31, 2019, is the last date to register for Telangana BC Overseas Scholarship Scheme.
Recently, the Andhra Pradesh government has also announced an overseas scholarship scheme for minority students to pursue postgraduate and professional education abroad. Under this scheme, the total number of 500 students would be selected annually. The scheme has been named as ‘Overseas Education Scheme for Minorities’. A sum of Rs. 10 lakh will be provided to the selected students under this scheme.
The primary objective of both the state governments is to ensure backward and financially weak communities receive access to quality education at reputed international institutions. Through these schemes, the students can opt for higher studies in Russia, France, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Canada and Singapore.