The Return of CBSC for Class X Board Exams Draws Mixed Reactions

Published: | December 23, 2016
The Return of CBSC for Class X Board Exams Draws Mixed Reactions
With the return of the compulsory Class X Board Exam under the CBSE school from the 2018 academic session, parents and experts have mixed reactions.

With the return of the compulsory Class X Board Exam under the CBSE school from the 2018 academic session, parents and experts have their mixed reactions.

The old exam system has been reintroduced after a gap of seven years since CCE scheme was introduced as a reform in examination system of the country. Now in the CBSE examination, 80 percent weightage will be offered to the Board examination result and the remaining 20 percent will be basis internal assessment.

Also Read: Revival of Class 10 Board Exams in 2018 Approved by CBSE Governing Body

When in 2009, the CCE was introduced and Class 10 Board Examination was made optional.It was done to lessen the examination stress and bring improvement in classroom processes. It was welcomed by many educationists and teachers and opposed by a large section of them.

Why did CCE fail:

  • Majority of teachers, instead of improving and changing their classroom practices, made the scheme of CCE to fail
  • They started blaming it non-seriousness and indiscipline and among students
  • CCE is a lengthy process and it needs dedication
  • To cover their failure, a large majority of teachers disfavoured CCE at the survey of CBSC
  • Under the CCE, it was meant to improve the learning and teaching of the students so that there would be no need of external support of tuitions
  • CCE hurt the tuition system of teachers
  • Earlier, the system was holistic and students who were not doing well in studies could perform in extra-curricular activities
  • Now CBSE is forcing students into the mark-oriented and competitive system
  • CBSE could have taken the complaints of parents instead of jumping into the decision
  • CCE marked/ assessed students basis multiple factors, while with this three-hour exam system will assess students based on their performance in the exam

Comments

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

Apply Now

Talk to Us