The Department of Chemistry of Calcutta University announced admissions for Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Chemistry for the academic session 2017.
- The candidates who are willing to pursue Ph.D. in Chemistry at Calcutta University need to have qualified a Master's degree in relevant field with at least 55% of marks or 7 GPA or Grade ‘B'. These candidates have to appear for a written test to seek admission.
- The candidates who qualify in GATE/ SLET/ SET / NET/ M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Phil/ M.Pharma/ M.D can also apply. These candidates need not take written test and can directly appear for the interview.
Application Procedure: -
- The application process is offline.
- The candidates have to download the format of application form from Calcutta University's official site.
- On the home page, there is a link which states ‘News & Events'.
- Under the link, there is another link which indicates ‘Admission Notice'.
- A new page opens, where the first link on the page is ‘Admissions to Ph.D. in Chemistry'.
- Two links will be displayed on a new page, i.e., Admission Notice and Application Form.
- Click on Application Form and take the printout of it.
- The candidates need to obtain a Challan from the sales counter of Calcutta University.
- The candidates have to pay Rs. 100 as application fee at cash counter for Calcutta University.
- The candidates need to fill the application form and affix the Challan to the application form.
- The candidates have to submit the application form by post or by hand to HOD, Department of Chemistry, Calcutta University.
Important Date: -
The candidates need to submit the application within ten days of issue of advertisement, i.e., February 1, 2017.