- News byStream
10 Lakh People to Acquire Skill-Based Training from Engineering Colleges
With the aim to generate employment and imparting skills to over 10 lakh people, the government has decided that training will be provided to unemployed youth and school drop outs by the faculty of engineering colleges.
According to the PKMVY i.e Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, this particular scheme has been given the name - 'PMKVY by Technical Institutions'.
Some of the important features of this scheme are:
- There is no age bar for candidates.
- The candidates will not only be trained but will also be provided with assistance and counselling at the time of placement.
- About 2,500 colleges fall under this scheme and will be imparting knowledge and skills to 100 candidates each.
- The courses will be offered by the college to the candidates during the off college hours and in the college campus.
- Candidates will be provided with a certificate under the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) and will be made job ready.
- Colleges and polytechnics approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) will be used to make this scheme a success.
- Admissions for the same will be done round the year which will depend on the duration of the programme.
- A certificate will be awarded by the Board of Technical Education or Technical University to the candidates on completion of 250 hours of training.
Till next year, the government plans on raising the number of colleges to 3000 and to 5,000 in 2018-19. According to stats, it has been estimated that about 10,12,500 youth will be able to acquire skills through this scheme.
Many institutions have applied and guidelines will be laid by AICTE for the same. Apart from state committees, a national-level committee headed by the Secretary of Higher Education - V S Oberoi, will supervise the implementation of the scheme.
The organising body has announced the JEE Mains 2017 cut-off required for JEE Advanced 2017. The result of JEE Mains ...
Have you been worrying about your JEE Mains score and wondering whether you will get a college or not? Now is the time ...