- News byStream
3rd Round of Common Counselling for Delhi Engineering Colleges to Commence from July 15
The third round of common counselling for Delhi Engineering College will commence from 15-July-2016. The criterion for the institutes which are participating in the counselling for the admissions has been declared. The admissions will be conducted based on the All India Rank (AIR) prepared by CBSE by giving 40% weightage to Class 12 marks. 60% of weighting will be added from performance in JEE 2016 Paper1 examination.
No separate merit list has been prepared for Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology, Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women and Delhi Technological University. The admissions for this university is based on AIR and weightage of JEE score prepared by CBSE .
The candidates who were not allotted admissions in first and second round of counselling are eligible to attend the counselling. No fresh registrations will be made. All the candidates must be clear about the specialisation they have been allotted and see that his/her seat has been upgraded.
The candidates who secured 80% or more marks in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible to apply for B.Tech courses in IIT Delhi.
How do Common Counselling for Delhi Engineering College work?
Prof. Rakesh Kumar, a member of Joint Admissions Committee explained that
- The JEE marks are declared by the central board of secondary education.
- Later the registrations are open for a specific period in which the candidates furnish his/ her personal details along with academic details.
- Later, the candidates can choose preferences among institutions and branches.
- Later, it is followed by locking of preferences. Later, the documents are thoroughly verified and seats are allotted by a software developed by National Informatics Center as per candidate choice and availability of seats.
- The candidates have to report at the allotted institute and get issued the admission letter.
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore - the conducting body of Common Admission Test or CAT 2016 has released ...
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM) selects students on the basis of scores secured by a candidate in either XAT, ...