Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
University of Allahabad (AU), Allahabad has announced the exam dates for Post Graduate Admission Test (PGAT 2016). This year, PGAT will be conducted in the month of May during Wednesday, May 25, 2016 to Monday, May 30, 2016.
This exam is basically conducted for taking admission to Master of Arts (M.A), Master of Science (M.Sc), Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Earth System Sciences and Master of Performing Art (MPA) programs for the academic session 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for PGAT 2016:
- For M.Tech Program: Master’s degree in Physical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/ Life Sciences/ Geosciences/ any cognate discipline or a B.Tech/B.E with marks/ CPI not below the 55% marks/ 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) (50% for SC/ST candidates) for appearing in the entrance exam.
- For M.Sc Programs: Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) examination with science subject from a recognized university.
- Application forms are available on the official website of the University.
General Guidelines for PGAT 2016:
- Minimum duration of paper: 1 hour
- Maximum duration of paper: 3 hours
- The duration of the paper depends on the number of subjects student wish to apply.
- The paper will be divided in two sections namely Section A and Section B.
- The section A will be General Aptitude Test and will be common to all the disciplines of PGAT having 40 questions. The question will be based General Awareness, Current Affairs, General Science, Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, General Hindi and General English.
- The section B will be subject Proficiency Test and will be based on the subjects in which candidate wish to take admission. There will be 35 questions for each subject.
- The candidate will get 03 marks in the common paper and 06 marks in the paper of the subject for each correct answer. There will be minus marking for wrong answers and the candidate will be given -1 mark in the common paper and -2 marks in the paper of the subject for each wrong answer.
- Last date of submission of application form: Sunday, May 08, 2016.
- Downloading of admit card: Saturday, May 21, 2016.
- Date for PGAT: during Wednesday, May 25, 2016 to Monday, May 30, 2016.