Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra has opened its gates for students interested in admission to Postgraduate programmes for the academic year 2016.
Courses available at Mesra and its Extension Centre, Patna for the session 2016-17 are:
- Master of Engineering (M.E)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
M.E Programme: B.E/ B.Tech/ AMIE or equivalent degree in the relevant discipline with minimum of 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST).
M.Pharm Programme: B.Pharm degree from a PCI and AICTE approved Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST).
M.Tech Programme: B.E. / B.Tech/ AMIE/ MCA/ equivalent degree in the appropriate disciplines/ branches for the respective courses with a minimum of 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST). OR M.Sc degree or equivalent in the relevant discipline and also should have minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST) in bachelor degree or equivalent qualification in 10+2+3 system from a recognised university.
- Application forms are available on the official website of the University.
- Application fee: Rs 2, 500/- (general/ OBC candidates) or Rs 1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) to be paid by the candidates at any nationalised bank.
- Demand draft should be drawn in favour of "Birla Institute of Technology". Filled in application form attested with required documents should be sent to the office of Dean Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi - 835215. Applications can be sent through speed post or reliable courier. The envelope should be superscribed with "Application for PG 2016".
- GATE, previous academic record and personal interviews/ counselling.
- For other candidates admissions will be offered on the basis of written test, previous academic record and personal interviews/ counselling, conducted by the institute.
- GPAT, previous academic record of the candidate.
- For other candidates admission will be offered on the basis of their performance in the written test, previous academic record and personal interviews/ counseling.
- M.Sc Programme: Previous academic record and counselling.
- Last date to submit application form: June 08, 2016.