Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata has opened its gates for students interested in admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Department of Botany for the session 2016.
- Applications forms are available on the official website of the University.
- Submit the filled-in application to the Head, Department of Botany, C.U. after paying Rs. 100/- in cash or demand draft to the cash counter of the University.
- Basis of their performance in the admission test and interview conducted by the university.
- The test will be of 50 marks of one hour duration. There will be 50 multiple-choice questions (MCQ), each of 1 mark.
- Candidates who have qualified in NE/SET/SLET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship or already obtained M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm degree would be exempted from the examination.
- Last date for submission of application form: Thursday, June 30, 2016.
- Date of admission test: Tuesday, July 12, 2016.
- Date of interview: Friday, July 22, 2016.
- The Court of Directors of the East India Company sent a despatch in July, 1854 to the Governor-General of India in Council, suggesting the establishment of the Universities of Calcutta, Madras and Bombay.
- In pursuance of that despatch, the University of Calcutta was founded on JANUARY 24, 1857.