University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata has opened its gates for students interested in admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Department of Botany for the session 2016.
- Applications forms are available on the official website of the University.
- Submit the filled-in application to the Head, Department of Botany, C.U. after paying Rs. 100/- in cash or demand draft to the cash counter of the University.
- Basis of their performance in the admission test and interview conducted by the university.
- The test will be of 50 marks of one hour duration. There will be 50 multiple-choice questions (MCQ), each of 1 mark.
- Candidates who have qualified in NE/SET/SLET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship or already obtained M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm degree would be exempted from the examination.
- Last date for submission of application form: Thursday, June 30, 2016.
- Date of admission test: Tuesday, July 12, 2016.
- Date of interview: Friday, July 22, 2016.
- The Court of Directors of the East India Company sent a despatch in July, 1854 to the Governor-General of India in Council, suggesting the establishment of the Universities of Calcutta, Madras and Bombay.
- In pursuance of that despatch, the University of Calcutta was founded on JANUARY 24, 1857.