- News byStream
Admission Notice-IISER,Kolkata Open for Ph.D'16
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata is open for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program for the academic year 2016.
- Biological Sciences
- Mathematical and Statistics
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
Who can Apply:
- Department of Biological Sciences: The applicant should have M.Sc/ M.S/ ME/ M.Tech/ M.V.Sc/ M.Sc (Ag) degree (with minimum 55% marks) in any branch of biological sciences to pursue research in the broad fields of cellular and molecular biology, cancer biology, developmental biology, structural biology, plant molecular biology, behavioral biology and ecology, marine biology, neurobiology, biodiversity, microbiology, biophysics, bioinformatics, biotechnology and theoretical biology. Candidates from agricultural science and nutritional science backgrounds are also welcome to apply or Chemistry/ physics/ statistics/ mathematics/ computer application/ computer science to pursue research in the interdisciplinary research areas.
- Department of Earth Sciences: Candidates who have completed their M.Sc/ MS/ M.Sc Tech/ M.Tech (with minimum of 55% marks) in: Geology/Applied Geology/Geophysics/Earth Sciences/Marine geology/ any other branch of Geological sciences. Or Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Biological Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Computational Seismology/ Remote sensing and GIS / engineering interested to pursue research with the DES faculty member in the matching specialization.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online through the University’s official website.
Who will be Selected:
- Candidates will be selected based on merit, subject specialization and required research area.
Dates to Remember:
- Last date for online application: Sunday, April 17, 2016.
- Date of interviews: Monday, June 06, 2016 to Friday, June 10, 2016.
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
Trishneet Arora is the living example who has proved that learning doesn’t stop at school and dreams can be ...
One of the most severe problems in the education systems of India is the gender disparity at educational institutions ...