- News byStream
Admission Notice- NEHU Announces Admissions To Various Programmes For The Session 2016-2017
North Eastern Hills University (NEHU) invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to the following courses of study commencing from August, 2016.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO:
- B.TECH. PROGRAMME: Information Technology / Electronics Communication Engineering / Energy Engineering / Biomedical Engineering: Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech: (a) Candidates who has passed 10+2 in Science stream or its equivalent from any recognized Board having secured a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical vocational subjects (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) (b) A candidates must have valid positive JEE (Main) score.
- B.Tech. Lateral Entry Admission: Eligibility criteria for admission directly into 2nd year/ 3rd year Semester B.Tech. Courses.
- B.Tech. Electronics Communication Engineering (ECE): 3 years Diploma in Engineering from following disciplines: ECE/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Medical Electronics/ Information Technology/ CSE having secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate through a minimum of three years of institutional study after class 10/SSLC examination OR B.Sc. in Electronics/ Mathematics/Physics having secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from any recognized institution having Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- B.Tech. Information Technology (IT): 3 years Diploma in Engineering in the relevant branch of IT with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from any recognized institution through a minimum of three years of institutional study after class 10/SSLC examination.
- B.Tech. (Energy Engineering): 3 years Diploma in Engineering in the relevant branch of Energy Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from any recognized institution through a minimum of three years of institutional study after class 10/SSLC examination.
- B.Tech.(Biomedical Engineering) : 3 years Diploma in Engineering in the relevant branch of Biomedical Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from any recognized institution through a minimum of three years of institutional study after class 10/SSLC examination.
- B.A.LL.B (HONS) : (a) Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General and 45% for SC/ST from a recognized University/Board are eligible for admission into this course. (b) No student shall be allowed to simultaneously register for the course with any other graduate/post graduate/ certificate course(s) run by the university or any other university/institute for academic or professional learning provided that any short period part time certificate course on language, computer science or computer application of an institute or any course run by a Centre for Distance Learning or a university however, shall be accepted. The entrance Test will be held on 24th June, 2016.
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) : Eligibility Criteria for admission: (a)Candidates shall be eligible for admission to the first year of the Bachelors’ Degree programme in Architecture it he/she has secured a minimum of at least 50% (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate at the Higher Secondary or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Computer Science as subjects of examination at (10+2) level OR 10+3 years diploma with a minimum of at least 50% (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate in Architecture/Civil Engineering recognized by the Central/ any State Government (b) candidates possessing any of the above qualifications must also have a valid National Aptitude Test of Architecture (NATA) score conducted by Council of Architecture.
- MBA (Agri-Business & Food Technology): A candidate with 55% marks (relaxable up to 5% for SC/ST candidates) in the aggregate in B.Sc. (Life Sciences, Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Micro-biology, Bio-chemistry, Food Preservation, Agriculture, Food Technology) or any graduate in Agriculture Science/Technology/ Animal Husbandry, shall only be considered for admission (Eligible candidates need to appear any of the MAT Tests (May, September, December, 2015 and February 2016). Candidates who are willing to take admission to Master of Agri-business Management & Food Technology are required to fill up the NEHU application form enclosing their respective MAT Score.
- Master of Computer Application (MCA): The candidates who have passed a Bachelor Degree of minimum 3 years duration by securing a minimum of 50% (45% in case of SC/ST marks in aggregate from a recognized University/Institute and also having passed Mathematics paper at 10+2 or graduation level are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM): (a) Candidates with 3 years Bachelor’s Degree Course (10+2+3) or its equivalent in any discipline from a recognized University/Institute with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (45% for SC/ST candidates) shall ordinarily be considered for admission. Students appearing in the final examination and expecting their results by July 28, 2016 may also apply (b) Candidates must have a valid Management Aptitude Test (MAT) score (May/September/December 2015 or February/May 2016) conducted by All India Management Association. Candidates who are willing to take admission in the Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM) programme are required to fill up the NEHU application form enclosing their respective MAT Score.
- M.Tech. in Information Technology: (a) A candidates who have passed B.E./B.Tech. in IT/CSE/ECE/EE or MCA or M.Sc. in Computer Science/Electronics having secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates. GATE qualified candidates will be given preference.
- M.Tech. in Electronic Communication Engineering: (a) A candidate who have passed B.E./B.Tech. in ECE/EE or M.Sc. in Electronics having secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates. GATE qualified candidates will be given due weightage.
- Ph.D. in Computer Application: Selection for admission to Ph.D. in Computer Applications will be as per rules of the University.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application form and Prospectus can be downloaded from the University Website www.nehu.ac.in. The Application Fee for admission is Rs. 600/- and Rs. 300/- (for SC/ST category) and payment should be made online by going to this website www.onlinesbi.com and then click on State Bank Collect. Application form fee is not reimbursable. The filled-in application form along with a copy of the payment receipt for the same amount can be sent to the Heads of respective Departments NEHU, Permanent Campus, Mawkynroh-Umshing, Shillong-793022 or NEHU, Tura Campus, Chandmari, Tura – 794002.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS:
The last date for submission of application form for B.A.LL.B.(Hons) 10th June, 2016 B.Tech. / B.Arch. / M.Tech. / MCA / MTTM/ MBA (Agri-Business & Food Technology)/ Ph.D. in Computer Application is 15th June, 2016. For other details the candidates may consult the prospectus of the University available in the University Website www.nehu.ac.in.
Source: Darshana Brahma, City Journalist, Guwahati, CollegeDekho
In a jolt to the ad-hoc teachers' community, the Delhi University's Scrutiny Committee has rejected the ...
Got a CAT percentile below 90? Well, it’s not the end of the world! There are a lot of good colleges apart from ...