Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar invite students for admission to their Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program for the academic year 2016.
Program offered at the:
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Mathematical Sciences
Who can Apply:
- For Ph.D in Biological Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% in masters in any branches of Biology, Life Sciences or allied fields, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Bioinformatics.
- For Ph.D in Chemical Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% in masters in Chemistry or allied fields.
- For Ph.D in Physical Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% or equivalent GPA cumulatively till the last year/ semester examination appeared in M.Sc majoring in Physics OR M.E./M.Tech in Applied Physics.
- For Ph.D in Mathematical Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% in Masters in Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science. Applications for the Ph.D program in the School of Mathematical Sciences will be considered only in three areas – Cryptography, Probability & Statistics.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online through the University’s official website.
Who will be Selected:
- The selection committee will short-list the candidates who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
Date to Rememer:
- Last date to apply online: Friday, April 01, 2016.