National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar invite students for admission to their Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program for the academic year 2016.
Program offered at the:
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Mathematical Sciences
Who can Apply:
- For Ph.D in Biological Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% in masters in any branches of Biology, Life Sciences or allied fields, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Bioinformatics.
- For Ph.D in Chemical Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% in masters in Chemistry or allied fields.
- For Ph.D in Physical Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% or equivalent GPA cumulatively till the last year/ semester examination appeared in M.Sc majoring in Physics OR M.E./M.Tech in Applied Physics.
- For Ph.D in Mathematical Sciences Program: Candidates should have 60% in Masters in Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science. Applications for the Ph.D program in the School of Mathematical Sciences will be considered only in three areas – Cryptography, Probability & Statistics.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online through the University’s official website.
Who will be Selected:
- The selection committee will short-list the candidates who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
Date to Rememer:
- Last date to apply online: Friday, April 01, 2016.