Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Applications are invited by the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur for its Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme under part-time and full time (without fellowship), institute research scholar (with fellowship) and Visvesvaraya fellowship schemes offered in various research areas for the academic session 2016.
The Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have scored 6.5 CGPA or 60% in M.Tech/ M.E/ M.Arch/M.Pharm or equivalent in the relevant discipline from a recognized technical institute or university/ government open university.
- The candidate must have secured 7.5 CGPA or 70% marks in aggregate in B.Tech/ B.E/ MCA/B.Arch/ B.Pharm in relevant discipline from a recognized technical institute or university/ government open university.
- The candidate with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks or equivalent in aggregate in MBA/ PGDBM/PGDM in relevant discipline from a recognized institute or university/ government open university.
- The candidate with at least 6.0 CGPA or 60% marks or equivalent in aggregate in M.Sc/ M.Com/ MA/ MBBS/ BDS in relevant discipline from a recognized institute or university/ government open university.
- The application form can be obtained from the website of the institute.
- The candidate must super scribe the envelope containing the application form with “Application for Ph.D program.” The candidate must attach a Demand Draft of Rs 500 (Rs 250 for SC/ST/PWD candidates) drawn in favour of “NIT Durgapur” payable at Durgapur, as the application fee.
- The candidate must address the application to Dean (Academic), National Institute of Technology Durgapur, Durgapur 713209, West Bengal, India.
For more details on the application procedure the candidate can visit the official website of the institute.
- The application forms would be screened and only the shortlisted candidates would be called for interview and/or viva voce
- It is mandatory for the shortlisted candidates to appear for the admission test. A further screening would be conducted after the admission test.
- Completed applications need to be submitted by Tuesday, January 19, 2016.
- List of short-listed candidates would be displayed on Friday, January 22, 2016.
- Written Test, screening and viva voce would be held on Wednesday, January 27, 2016.
- Results would be declared on Friday, January 29, 2016 to Friday, February 05, 2016.