National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli is open for admission to their full time/ part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in following fields for the academic year 2016.
- Management Studies
- Computer Applications and Science
Who can Apply:
- For Ph.D in Engineering Programs: Candidates should have bachelor’s and master’s Degree/M.S. (by Research) in Engineering / Technology in the appropriate branch of study with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in UG or PG.
- For Ph.D in Management Studies Program: Candidates should have master’s degree in Business Administration with NET/ UGC/ CAT/ ATMA/ XAT/ MAT or master’s degree in Industrial Engineering/ Industrial Management with minimum of 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in UG or PG.
- For Ph.D in Science & Humanities Program: Candidates should have Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science/ Humanities/ Social Science/ Economics/Business Administration with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) and a valid GATE/UGC / CSIR/ NBHM / NET score for OC / OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 for SC/ST/PWD candidates and a valid GATE/ UGC/ CSIR/ NBHM/ NET score.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- The application fee is Rs.500/- for OC/OBC and Rs.200/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Who will be Selected:
- Selection will be based on the marks obtained in entrance test conducted by NITT.
- The candidates, short listed based on the written test performance need to appear for a technical and personal interview.
Dates to Remember:
- Last date for the receipt of completed application form: Sunday, June 12, 2016.