University of Calcutta (CU), Kolkata is open for admission to their Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) program in general, B.Sc honors and Bachelor of Arts (B.A) programs offered in the Faculty of Home science for female candidates for the academic year 2016.
Who can Apply:
- Female candidates from a recognized board/council qualifying H.S. or (10+2) level examination not earlier than 2011 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates have to pass English as a subject with full marks of 100.
- For admission to the Food & Nutrition Hons program, 50% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous qualifying examination.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online from Monday, May 23, 2016.
- After online submission of application a print copy of the downloaded application form to be submitted to the department of Home Science, C.U. along with self attested copies of Madhyamik Admit Card & H.S. Marksheet and Challan (with requisite fees of Rs.100 /- for others and Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PC candidate) in the office of the Secretary at 20B Judges Court Road, Alipore, Kolkata–700027.
Who will be Selected:
- Selection of candidates applied for B.A and B.Sc general programs will be made in order of merit i.e. on the basis of total marks obtained of the best four subjects in 10+2 examination and for admission to B.Sc Human Development Hons. course the merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained of the best four subjects other than EVS in 10+2 examination.
- For admission to B.Sc Food & Nutrition Hons. program, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks of the best four subjects along with the marks obtained in chemistry paper other than EVS in 10+2 examination.
Date to Remember:
- Last date of submission of forms: Wednesday, June 01, 2016.