NEET 2016 is conducted for students who wish to take admission in medical and dental colleges in India which are under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare at an undergraduate level. The exam is conducted by CBSE i.e. Central Board of Secondary Education and it was earlier known as AIPMT. NEET I was conducted on 1st May’ 16 and NEET II will take place on 24th July’ 16, Sunday.
Vijila Sathyananth, Member of AIADMK said, “I demand abolition of NEET for undergraduate medical courses in the country.” AIADMK is the third largest party in Lok Sabha and is a political state party which is in power in Tamil Nadu right now.
Following are the other members of AIADMK who supported Vijila:
- R Lakshmanan
- T Rathinavel
Other than this, more matters were discussed like:
- Financial assistance for water projects under NRDWP i.e. National Rural Drinking Water Program in Tamil Nadu by A K Selvaraj.
- S Muthukaruppan discussed the UDAY scheme.
- Madhusudan Mistry, a member of congress party requested for the enactment of law for reserved categories in the private sector.
- Mahendra Singh Mahra from congress discussed the need of financial help for Uttarakhand suffering from natural disaster.
- The need of setting more medical colleges in Odisha was pointed out by Dilip Kumar Tirkey from BJD and he also requested for funds.