The Andhra Pradesh Government has issued the notification for APRJC-2016(Andhra Pradesh Residential Junior Colleges) common entrance test. This is an entrance examination conducted by the APREI society, Guntur for the admission into 10 Andhra Pradesh Residential Junior Colleges which offer +2 courses. This year the government has released the notification very early i.e. before the completion of AP SSC board examinations. No student have been registered for the examination till 6-April-2016. Parents are demanding to extend the date for submission of applications. The APREI society is yet to take the decision. Here are the details of exam notification;
Announcement of Notification : 17 March 2016
Fee payment : 17 March 2016 to 17 of April 2016
Online Application submission starts on 17 March 2016
Last date for Online application submission : 17 April 2016
Hall ticket download starts : 06 May 2016 to 12 May 2016
APRJC-CET Exam date 2016: 12 May 2016 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Candidate must be a resident of India and must have studied in Andhra Pradesh only.
- Must have passed the qualifying examination in the first attempt in March/April 2016 only.
- Candidates who have passed in earlier are not eligible need and not to apply.
- OC Candidate must secure a minimum GPA of 6 and BC, SC, ST and minority candidates must secure minimum GPA of 5 in S.S.C or equivalent qualifying examination and GPA of 4 in English for all the candidates.
Examination Fee: Rs.150/
Scheme of Examination: Students can select any of the following groups for examination.
- MPC English-Mathematics-Physical Science 2½ hours 150 Marks
- Bi.PC English-Bioscience-Physical Science 2½ hours 150 Marks
- MEC/CEC-English, Mathematics and Social Studies 2½ hours 150 Marks
Selection of students:
- Selection of students will be made based on the merit in Common Entrance examination, Reservation, Special category and Local area.
- While selecting the students for MEC and CEC Group, combined rank will be given to the candidates opted to MEC and CEC.
- If a candidate opted to MEC is not selected for MEC, his/her candidature shall be considered for CEC also and Vice versa.
Source; Sakunth Kumar, City Journalist, CollegeDekho, Vijayawada