Tamil Nadu-based Anna University had released notification for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions or TNEA 2017 in the first week of May. However, there is no entrance examination for the admission to engineering courses. The varsity grants admission to the applicants as per their Class 12 percentage or marks. The last date is approaching, and the candidates who still haven't applied can apply on or before May 31, 2017.
The varsity follows merit-based admissions, and the candidates will get admission only if they have the minimum cut-off score prescribed by the varsity.
- The applicants should be the natives of the Tamil Nadu state.
- The applicants must have studied Class 8 to Class 12 only from the Tamil Nadu state.
- Tamil Nadu natives who completed their school education in another state can also apply. These candidates need to submit the nativity certificate.
- 50% is the minimum percentage for General Category candidates in Class 12 to seek admission.
- Candidates belonging to BC/ BC-Muslim categories should have 45% of marks in Class 12.
- Candidates belonging to ST/ SC/ DNC/ MBC should have 40% of marks in Class 12.
Registration Process: -
- Anna University has an official website.
- All updates on TNEA 2017 is available on the official website of Anna University.
- Firstly, open Anna University’s official website.
- You need to click on the link ‘TNEA 2017’ on the homepage.
- Instructions are displayed on the screen. Read them carefully.
- Proceed to the online application process.
- Before that, complete ‘New User Registration’.
- With the help of login credentials, fill the online application form.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Rs. 250 is the TNEA 2017 registration fee for SCA/ ST/ SC.
- Rs. 500 is the TNEA 2017 registration fee for General Category.
Besides registration fee, the candidates need to pay Rs. 5000 by cash or demand draft aft the time of counselling.