CBI Initiates Probe into NEET 2016 Admissions in Madhya Pradesh

By - | December 12, 2016 01:03 PM | 2 minute read
CBI Initiates Probe into NEET 2016 Admissions in Madhya Pradesh
Highlights: CBI has started investigations into allegations of large-scale malpractices and manipulations in NEET 2016 Exam and Counseling Procedure in Madhya Pradesh.

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has started the investigations into allegations of large-scale malpractices and manipulations in NEET 2016 Exam as well as Counselling Procedure in Madhya Pradesh.

Also Read: Delhi HC Rejects Plea on Separate Panel of Experts to Review NEET 2016 Answer Keys

Medical aspirant Ashish Chaturvedi alleged in a complaint with the CBI, saying that candidates with lower ranks have been enrolled in Madhya Pradesh's medical colleges ignoring candidates with higher ranks. Chaturvedi, in his complaint to the nodal investigation body had demanded investigations on an urgent basis on various grounds.

Chaturvedi said the NEET conducting body CBSE had displayed the OMR Sheets on its website between August 4 and August 6, 2016 for verification. But it was removed before declaring the final result on August 16, 2016. Again, OMR sheets were displayed by CBSE on August 24, 2016. Students who had scored poor marks in their board examination scored high marks in NEET 2016 examination and they had used the same operandi of Vyapam Scam.

He also said claimed that the Director of Medical Education (DME) Madhya Pradesh did not bother to cross match fingerprints of students during the counselling session and CBSE entrance exam. He further alleged that some of the candidates who appeared in NEET 2016 had been admitted in other medical colleges beforehand.

Also Read: NEET to be Held in Gujarati Medium; Students Delighted

Besides that Chaturvedi also complained that Madhya Pradesh Counselling Committee had violated admission rules for MBBS & BDS as set by MCI. Even the MP online server was not functioning while thousands of students were waiting for the counselling. In between the counselling process, it had to be postponed on October 1, 2016 and further resumed on October 4, 2016 again. Government and private medical colleges admitted students more than the sanctioned quota.

Chaturvedi shared the names of some officials of Madhya Pradesh Directorate of Medical Education (DME) involved in the alleged admission malpractice. These officials deliberately indulged in the malpractices and as a result deserving candidates were deprived of their seats, he said.

CBI Initiates Probe into NEET 2016 Admissions in Madhya Pradesh | CollegeDekho
/news/cbi-initiates-probe-into-neet-2016-admissions-in-madhya-pradesh-2665/