Centre for Environment Planning and Technology (CEPT) University has signed MoUs or Memorandums of Understanding with the following:
- National Taiwan University
- National Research Centre Amsterdam
- Centre of Excellence in Urban Transport
- Royal Danish Embassy and Innovation Centre Denmark
- Advanced Public Transport Research Centre (APTCR)
These MoUs have been signed at Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit. The MoU with National Research Centre Amsterdam focuses on conducting joint doctoral programmes and other programmes for government offices and officers. The primary objective of the MoU is to focus on city planning advocacy, data research and data analysis. Both the universities will work towards smart mobility, parking and cycling.
The MoU with Royal Danis Embassy and Innovation Centre is to promote capacity building, research projects, renewable transport and smart city research. The two varsities will also work in collaboration with other Danish institutes.
Also read: - Nobel Laureates Deliver Lectures at IIT Gandhinagar
The MoU with National Taiwan University and Advanced Public Transport Research Centre or (APTCR) will enable the varsity to: -
- Exchange information
- Mutual exchange of staff for summer winter schools
- To carry out research, conferences, studies, training and seminars
- Visits to agencies and transport facilities
- Training activities on various topics related to sustainable urban transport
- Promoting various programmes related to urban transport
- Dissemination of urban transport projects
- Review and discussion on global urban transport issues
Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit was inaugurated on January 10, 2017. The summit will also witness the signing of 157 MoUs with educational institutions. Two private universities will also come up with an investment of Rs. 1,000 crore each.