In a move to widen the horizon of students, Delhi University is going to translate the best books from other languages into Hindi, discloses the Vice- Chancellor of the University.
The vice chancellor of Delhi University Yogesh Tyagi was addressing the academic and executive council meeting. It was his first addressing of the meeting in the new current academic session, said, “Now it's time to focus on languages. Delhi University will soon translate the textbooks from other parts of India and rest of the world."
It is to be noted that the academic and executive councils of Delhi University are statutory bodies that determines on matters on important subjects regarding the University.
No appointment of the university has been done since 2010. The VC also addressed the issue and said, “Within a few weeks new appointments will be made. We will also make the promotions that have pending.”
On the zero hours, the VC interacted with the teachers. He also elaborated on his vision. He also stressed on the zero tolerance on malpractice. To bring the things into streamline any projects worth Rs 2 lakhs would be done through e- tendering.
Some of the highlights of Meetings are -
- The University to set up three centres -
- The University to establish the School of Journalism,
- School of Transnational Affairs and The Institute of Cyber Law and Security.
- The University to set up a research council for promoting research,
- DU also going to set up Department of East Asian Studies for the introduction of part-time language courses – Japanese, Chinese, and Korean
To bring in line with the Choice-Based Credit System, the Syllabus of Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology has been changed and despite several objections, it was passed in the meeting.