- DU JAT 2020 Exam Analysis Highlights
- DU JAT 2020 Exam Conduction
- DU JAT 2020 Section-Wise Difficulty & Number of Good Attempts
- Detailed Section-Wise Analysis of DU JAT 2020
- DU JAT 2020 General English Analysis
- DU JAT 2020 Quantitative Ability Analysis
- DU JAT 2020 General Awareness Analysis
- DU JAT 2020 Reasoning and Analytical Ability Analysis
- What Happens After DU JAT 2020
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
October 14, 2020:DU JAT 2020 results have been released. Results are available at ntaexam2020.cbtexam.in
The Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT) was conducted on 7 September 2020 for admission to the Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) in DU-affiliated colleges. The test was conducted in 3 shifts -- morning, afternoon and evening -- but candidates appearing for BMS admissions appeared in the afternoon and evening shifts only. These were conducted from 12.30 PM to 2.30 PM and 5 PM to 7 PM respectively.
DU JAT 2020 was conducted by the National Test Agency (NTA). It is expected that NTA will release the DU JAT 2020 question paper soon. The exam was conducted in the online mode and consisted of 100 questions which the candidates had 2 hours to solve. Candidates looking for detailed exam analysis of DU JAT 2020 can go through this article and check the difficulty level and section-wise analysis of the DU JAT 2020 question paper.
DU JAT 2020 Exam Analysis Highlights
The main surprise element for the candidates in the DU JAT 2020 exam was that a majority of questions in the exam were from the Quantitative Aptitude section. Students reported that as many as 40 questions out of 100 in this year's exam were from QA.
As per the reports from candidates who appeared for DU JAT 2020, the exam was of easy to moderate difficultly level. However, the Quantitative Ability was reported to have contained a number of tricky questions and candidates faced some difficulty in completing the section. Students said that the difficulty level of this year's questions was more than that of last year.
DU JAT 2020 Exam Conduction
Candidates also reported that DU JAT 2020 was conducted smoothly without any glitches. Proper safety precautions were followed in the examination centre to ensure the safety of the students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This year, DU JAT 2020 saw a slight change in the test timings. The 2nd shift was postponed by 30 minutes and started from 12.30 PM instead of the earlier timing at 12 PM. The 3rd shift or evening shift was also delayed by an hour and started at 5 PM instead of the 4 PM schedule.
Apart from the slight change in the DU JAT 2020 exam pattern, there was no change in the DU JAT 2020 syllabus and it remained the same as last year. Candidates can check the detailed exam analysis of DU JAT 2020 given below to gauge their performance in the exam.
DU JAT 2020 Section-Wise Difficulty & Number of Good Attempts
Quantitative Ability section was reported to be the most difficult in the DU JAT 2020 BMS question paper followed by the General Awareness and General English. Check the table below for the section-wise difficulty of the DU JAT 2020 BMS question paper.
|Section||Number of Questions||Good Attempts||Difficulty Level||Good Score|
|General English||16 - 20||16 - 18||Easy to Moderate||64+|
|Quantitative Ability||36 - 38||28 - 30||Moderate to Difficult||100+|
|Business and General Awareness||12 - 14||7 - 9||Easy to Moderate||30+|
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||30 - 32||25||Easy||90+|
|OVERALL||100||76 - 82||Easy to Moderate||280+|
Comparing it to last year's paper, it was seen that the overall and the section-wise difficulty level of the exam slightly increased but the analysis of the 2019 question paper also saw similar trends. In the 2019 question paper also, candidates had reported Quantitive Ability to be the most difficult section and Analytical Reasoning had turned out to be the easiest section of all.
Detailed Section-Wise Analysis of DU JAT 2020
Here we explore each section of DU JAT 2020 question paper in detail and provide a detailed analysis of this year's question paper.
DU JAT 2020 General English Analysis
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Vocabulary||6 - 10|
|Reading Comprehension||1 passage, 6 questions|
|Jumbled Paragraph||2 paragraphs|
|Good Attempts||16 - 18|
DU JAT 2020 General English Highlights
- The General English section was mostly dominated by vocabulary questions with questions from topics such as Word Usage, Fill in The Blanks, Synonyms and Antonyms etc.
- However, there were no major surprise elements in this year's English section.
- The overall difficulty level of the section was Easy with a few tricky questions here and there.
- The number of good attempts can be said to be around 16 to 18, and all of the questions could also be attempted.
DU JAT 2020 Quantitative Ability Analysis
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Graphs and Functions||9 - 9|
|Number System||3 - 4|
|Equations||4 - 5|
|Percentage||1 - 2|
|Time, Speed and Distance||2|
|Permutation and Combination||1 - 2|
|Coordinate Geometry||1 - 2|
|Simple and Compound Interest||2|
|Ratio and Proportion||1 - 2|
|Time and Work||2|
|Series||1 - 2|
|Good Attempts||28 - 30|
DU JAT 2020 Quantitative Ability Highlights
- The QA section was most surprising for this year's candidates as it made up almost half of the DU JAT 2020 question paper.
- The overall difficulty level of this section was also reported to be higher than in previous years.
- Students also reported the questions in this section to be lengthy and time-consuming.
- This year's paper saw a balance of questions between Higher Maths and Basic Maths.
- A wide range of topics was covered in this section but questions from equations, functions and graphs were most prevalent.
- Rest of the topics had 2 questions at most.
- An analysis of the section shows than around 25 questions could have been easily attempted in the section.
- Candidates targeting the top schools in DU should have attempted around 28 to 30 or 31 questions.
DU JAT 2020 General Awareness Analysis
- Questions from Current Affairs made up almost all of the General Awareness section in DU JAT 2020.
- Questions ranged from Science, Mergers and Acquisitions, Awards, Prominent Personalities etc.
- Very few static GK questions were asked in the exam.
- Shift 2 students reported having received no static GK questions in the exam.
- The overall difficulty level of the questions ranged from Easy to Moderate.
- A good attempt in the General Awareness section of DUJAT 2020 is around 7 to 9.
DU JAT 2020 Reasoning and Analytical Ability Analysis
|Series||4 - 6|
|Odd One Out||3 - 4|
|Clocks and Calendars||2|
|Statment - Conclusion||1|
DU JAT 2020 Reasoning Highlights
- Almost all of the reasoning topics were covered in this section. However, very few Verbal Reasoning questions were asked.
- The reasoning section was reported to be the easiest one in the exam.
- The questions were quite straightforward but the arrangement questions were said to be a bit time-consuming.
- Attempting over 25 questions with a 90% accuracy can be said to be a good attempt in this section.
Also Read:6 Point Guide to DU Admissions 2020
What Happens After DU JAT 2020
Now that DU JAT 2020 has been conducted, candidates can expect that NTA will soon release the DU JAT 2020 question paper as well as the response sheet of DU JAT 2020. Candidates will be provided with the chance to challenge the DU JAT 2020 response sheet. Once all of the challenges have been resolved, NTA will release the DU JAT 2020 results soon after that. NTA has not yet announced the date of declaration of DU JAT 2020 results.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest news and updates!