- News byStream
Engineering Colleges in MP Getting Few Takers
Out of the 78,480 seats in engineering colleges in Madhya Pradesh for the session 2016-17, only 39,532 seats were filled, that is only 50% of the total seats. In the last academic session, 48% seats remained vacant which is just two percent increase than this year.
The state government cites the transparency in admission process as the reason behind the dip in the number of aspirants. The admission process ended on 15th August.
About 25,000 engineering seats have been decreased due to a large number of vacant seats in the last five years. But with the decrease in seats, the percentage of vacant seats also increased. After the request by the Association of Technical and Professional Institute, the college level counselling was resumed due to which 13% of the total 39,532 seats, were filled in the last two days.
Deepak Joshi, Minister of State for technical education, attributes to the reason for the vacant seats due to the transparency adopted in the admission process. No candidate could take admission while impersonating. Besides that, bad quality of education in several engineering colleges is also responsible for poor admission. The minister further added that they are trying to promote skill development programme for which candidates are diverting towards polytechnic and ITI.
More facts about the low rate of admission into engineering colleges
- A review meeting will convene to improve the condition of engineering education from next academic year.
- Another reason for less inclination of candidates towards admission into engineering colleges of the state is employability.
- Only 15% students got jobs in the last academic session.
- Neither the university nor the government holds any campus recruitment drive for the students.
- Only the colleges call the companies for the campus selection.
- The owners of engineering colleges make government responsible for low turn out, as the government is focusing more on polytechnic and ITI colleges.
Accounting for a proud moment, five students from Lucknow University have cleared the Interview of Bihar Public Service ...
Dominating the results yet again, 20 engineering students score 100 percentile in CAT 2016. Top MBA colleges such as ...