GITAM University has signed a Memorandum of Agreement with Central Michigan University to consolidate teaching and research activities. Registrar of GITAM University, Mr. Pothuraju exchanged the MoA or Memorandum of Agreement with Prof. Debasish Chakraborty, Assistant Dean of Central Michigan University. Vice-Chancellor of GITAM University, Prof. M. Prasada Rao was also present on the occasion.
Speaking about the MoA, Prof. Debasish Chakraborty explained the highlights of MoU: -
- Both the varsities will develop various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes of common interest.
- GITAM and Central Michigan University will promote faculty collaboration for research assignments.
- The MoA between the two institutes will promote student collaboration for advanced studies.
- Both the varsities will hold joint conferences on various themes.
- The varsities facilitate the transfer of academic programmes.
- Through this Memorandum of Agreement, the students of GITAM University can apply for Master of Science in Informatics and MBA programmes at Central Michigan University.
- The MoA will also facilitate student exchange programme between the two institutes.
- The students who are pursuing Master of Science in Informatics and MBA programme at GITAM University can pursue two semesters at Central Michigan University.
- The MoA is applicable to the students of GITAM University, Hyderabad and Bangalore campuses.
Vice-Chancellor of GITAM University revealed that the varsity is going to start new courses from the upcoming academic session. The varsity will launch the following courses-
- Cyber Security
- Big Data
- Business Analytics