- News byStream
Government to Fill up 1,310 Vacant Posts of Professors on Priority Basis
Next month's meeting of Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar with the vice chancellors of central universities will focus on filling up of vacant faculty positions in different central universities across the country.
Last year the HRD ministry had told the parliament that 1,310 posts of professors were vacant in various central universities. Javadekar’s first meeting with VCs of around 40 central universities is scheduled on October 6 at Banaras Hindu University (BHU) in Varanasi.
Various issues to be discussed on priority are:
- Improving quality of research
- Enhancing student-centric measures
- Strengthening internal resource generation of these varsities
A senior official said that the number of vacancies in central universities is quite big and it is one of the top subjects of the agenda. Since it is directly related to improving the quality of education, so it is one of the government’s priority areas. Besides that, filling up key positions like those of finance officers, registrars, and controllers of examination would also be discussed during the meeting.
The meeting also will discuss on several students and research-centric issues like:
- Checking the status of setting up of complaints committee on gender-based complaints
- Setting up of SC/ST cells
- Focusing on improvement in research works
- Setting up of start-up or incubation centers
- Linking of industry and academia in research
- Generating additional funds for the University through consultancy work
An official update from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) indicated that a total number of 23 new examination ...
Fashion Designing is one of the most promising and attractive fields for those students who are artistically creative ...