The most widely taken MBA entrance exam CAT (Common Admission Test) was conducted on Sunday, December 4, 2016. Close to 2.33 lakh students appeared in the entrance test. Although some students were appearing for CAT for the second time, there were a lot of students who gave their first shot at CAT in 2016. The number of questions from different topics keep changing year to year.
The examinees gave a mixed reaction after appearing for the exam. However, students who had appeared for the second time found CAT 2016 relatively easier than those who gave their first attempt.
Check the student reaction after CAT exam below:
- A student who appeared for CAT for the second time said that CAT 2016 was easier than CAT 2015 and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension were doable within the allotted time. The student further added that Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning were comparatively tougher than the other sections and took more time.
- Sankalp Sinha gave his first attempt at CAT and said that the time allotted for each section was less than the time required. He further added that his preparation for the exam was not up to the mark and that he needed more preparation.
- Another first time said that the exam was easy and the Quant section was predictable. However, he found the multiple choice questions a bit tougher.
- Rajeev Tripathi, another CAT aspirant said that Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning were the toughest of all sections but he found it easy to do the Verbal Reading and Comprehension sections.
- Another student Aditi Raman said that she wouldn’t call the exam tough but would rather use the word intensive. She added that it is important to find the easier but tedious questions and answer them first.
- Another first timer said that Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning sections were very tough and made it difficult to give more time to other sections.
- Appearing for the second time, a student named Jayantha said that QA was the toughest section amongst all but both QA and VA sections were easier than last year.
- Another student, Ruchita said that CAT 2016 was easier than last year but topics like pie chart and graphs were missing from the DI section which was disappointing.