Himachal Pradesh Technical University, that conducts Common Entrance Test (HPCET), invites applications for admissions to the various courses for the next academic session starting from 2017. The courses that will be offered include B.Tech. M.Tech, B.Pharmacy, M.Pharmacy, B.Pharmacy (Ayurveda), MCA and MBA.
Eligibility Criteria for HPCET 2017:
B.Tech.Engg. & Technology (Direct Entry):
- Aspiring candidates must clear their 12th examination from a board that is recognised by the government
- Must have Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects plus any of the subjects among Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Biology
- Must secure 45% marks together in the subjects mentioned above
- For the reserved category, the minimum marks required are 40%
B.Pharm (Direct Entry):
- Aspiring candidates must clear their 12th exam from a recognised board with 45% marks
- Must have English as one of the subjects with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology
- Candidates must clear the 12th exam from a recognised board with Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Must have secured 45% marks
M. Tech Programme:
- Must have a bachelor's degree from a recognised university with 50% marks.
- For the reserved category, the minimum is 45% marks to qualify in the examination.
- Must clear Bachelor in Pharmacy or equivalent degree
- Must have 55% marks (50% marks for the reserved category) in the final examination
- Bachelor's degree from a recognised University with 50% marks
Master of Computer Application (MCA) Programme:
- Bachelor’s degree of 10+2+ 3 pattern from a recognised University with 50 percent marks
- Must have Mathematics at 10+2 level or at graduation level
How to Apply for HPCET -2017 and Admission Process:
Aspiring candidates have to apply online for the entrance test. Candidates have to pay INR 1500 as entrance test fee through Net banking/ Credit card/ Debit card and e-Challan mode. For the reserved category, the fee is INR 1400.
The tests will be held in single offline pen and paper based test mode. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the HPCET 2017.
Important Dates for HPCET 2017:
Online application process starts
|Thursday, 2nd March 2017|
Closing date for online application form
|Saturday, 29 April 2017|
Date for Entrance Examination
B.Tech. M.Tech, B.Pharmacy, M.Pharmacy, B.Pharmacy (Ayurveda) 9am - 12 noon
|Saturday, 13 May 2017|
Date for MBA Entrance Examination fro 9am - 11am
|Sunday, 14 May 2017|
Date for MCA Entrance Examination from 2pm - 4pm
|Sunday, 14 May 2017|