- News byStream
IBM Comes with High Power Computing Facility at IIT Bombay
Tech major IBM announced the opening of the first OpenPOWER Research Facility (OPRF) at IIT Bombay to help drive further innovation, education, and research with the country’s National Knowledge Network.
Through the network all institutions of higher learning and research will be interconnected with a high-speed data communication network, facilitating knowledge sharing and collaborative research and innovation.
OPRF was established to provide the country's large research and development community with technical help and infrastructure and to carry forward indigenous research.
An official from IBM said that OPRF has been established to provide a platform to the country’s large research and development community so that they get technical assistance and infrastructure as to carry forward indigenous research.
Major functions of OPRF:
- The OPRF will help Indian companies, universities, and government organizations in research work
- Open POWER Foundation was coming out of collaboration by IBM, NVIDIA, and Mellanox.
- It will help to build technologies indigenously using the high-performance POWER processor.
- It will help to drive the national IT agenda of India.
- The foundation is a global, open development membership organisation.
- It was formed to facilitate and inspire collaborative innovation on the POWER architecture.
- The foundation has 230 members from 24 different countries.
- It aims at expanding its network in top tier institutions in the country.
- Its members share expertise, investment, and server-class intellectual property.
- In terms of its objectives and activities, OPRF aligns well with National Supercomputing Mission of Government of India, that has been launched recently.
- For high-performance computing and its applications, OPRF at IIT Bombay supports an open technology ecosystem.
The sources from IBM reveals that scientists, students, developers, and enterprises can tap into the latest and best available Open POWER-based infrastructure.
Now engineering students, MTech , and Ph.D. scholars will tap into OPRF to develop new age applications and solutions and bring new changes in eGovernance, education, healthcare, agriculture and high-performance computing.
It will give opportunities to students, faculty, and researchers to work together for a new horizon with OpenPOWER system.
The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra has announced the result for MAH MCA CET 2017. The result of ...
The final countdown begins with only a few days left for JEE Mains 2017. Those who are writing JEE Mains in pen and ...