The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India that conducted the Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) examination has declared the result of the exam. Pune girl, Rekha Ghevarram Suthar, has topped the examination with 79.86% marks.
The other top positions have been secured by -
- Aayush Agrawal from Kolkata occupied the 2nd position with 79% marks
- Shivkrish V from Chennai bagged the 3rd position with 77.86% marks
The examinations were conducted by the institute in November 2016. The conducting body has declared the result within a period of three months on 31st January 2017.
Group I Exams:
- In Group I, a total of 69,653 students appeared in the exam
- 13,424 students have passed the Group I exam
- The average pass percentage is 19.27%
Group II Exams:
- In Group II, a total of 62,123 students appeared in the exam
- 18,701 students have cleared the Group II exam
- The average pass percentage is 30.10 %
How to check the result online?
- Login to the website of ICAI and click on 'View results'.
- Enter roll number, PIN number and registration number
- Enter the code as shown in the empty box
- Now click on 'check result'
- On the screen, the result of the candidate will be displayed
If the candidates have registered for SMS alerts, they will receive their results through SMS as well.
ICAI is a national professional accounting body of India that was established on 1st July 1949 under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 enacted by the Parliament to regulate the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India.
Is is also the second largest professional accounting & finance organisation in the world in terms of membership. It is next to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. It recommends the accounting standards of the companies to be followed in India.