The Institute of Charted Accountants of India has declared the results of IPCC May 2017 examination on August 1, 2017. This year, 2,07,577 candidates appeared for the examination. Usually, the candidates who qualify CPT examination appear for IPCC examination.
Highlights of the Results: -
- IPCC May 2017 examination was divided into Group I & Group II.
- A total number of 66,680 candidates appeared for Group I examination out of which only 6,562 candidates qualified.
- The total pass percentage in Group I examination was only 9.84%.
- Around 65,453 candidates appeared for Group II examination out of which only 11,440 candidates have qualified.
- The overall pass percentage in Group II examination was 17.48 percent.
- This year, 4,9967 candidates appeared for both Group I and Group II examination.
- Among them, 11,550 students have cleared the examination.
Also Read: - ICAI IPCC May 2017 Results Declared
- Gaurav Sarawagi emerged as the topper of the examination with 80.71 percent.
- Ronak Rajendra Jain secured the second rank.
- Hasan Mohammad Ibrahim Iqbal secured the third rank.
Also Read: - Career in CA, Click Here to Know
Usually, IPCC examination takes place twice in a year. The overall pass percentage in May 2017 examination reveals the difficulty level of the examination. After IPCC, the next stage is Articleship for three years followed by CA final examinations. Qualifying CA is a challenging task as it needs a lot of dedication and sincere efforts.
Along with IPCC, students can also take up a regular degree. Pursuing B.Com degree while preparing for IPCC can be an added advantage.