School of Extension and Development Studies - Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched an M.A. Development Studies course. The registration process for the new course is now open and interested students can submit the online application form through the official website of IGNOU on or before December 31, 2018. Any graduate can take up the two-year M.A. Development Studies course offered by IGNOU.
M.A. Development Studies course, also known as MBDVS is meant for development professionals working across various sectors. Fresh graduates who have a keen interest in pursuing a career as a development professional can also take up the course.
Objectives of IGNOU M.A. Development Studies Course:
- The major objective of the course is to impart knowledge on various aspects of development studies.
- On the other hand, M.A. Development Studies course aims to train qualified professionals and workforce in the professional area of development studies.
- The course will also focus on developing professional skills in formulation, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of development programmes and projects.
Apart from graduates and professionals in the development area, the course will also benefit: -
- Employees of corporate social responsibility divisions, NGOs, research organisations and development institutes
- Central and state government civil servants
- Development functionaries like municipal and district development officials, mandal and village administrators.
For the latest IGNOU news & updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.