IIHMR University has started the admission process for the 3 year part-time/ full-time doctoral programme offered by it. The programme will focus on research in the following areas:
- Public health
- Nursing management
- Health and hospital management
- Pharmaceutical management
- Health economics and finance
- Population and development
- Rural and urban health
- Health communication and behavior change
- Health systems
- Information technology in the health sector
- food security
- Nutrition and rural development
Part-time Ph.D. programme is provided according to the UGC Regulations 2016. It is a 3-year long programme including the registration period. IIHMR University offers 20 seats in this programme. The programme includes 16 credits; research proposal – both report and presentation; thesis – report, presentation and submission.
The maximum amount of time to finish the course is 6 years. If the candidate fail to complete the course within 6 years, they will have to re-register.
- Candidates must have attained their master's degree, M Phil degree or professional degree equivalent to it from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA or grade.
- Degree from a foreign educational Institution will also be accepted, provided it is accredited by an approved by a recognized Assessment and Accreditation Agency.
- Eligibility criteria for SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer), Differently-Able and other special category students is 50% marks in masters’ degree.
- Students will have to clear the IIHMR Research Aptitude Test (IRAT). Candidates who perform well in the entrance exam will be shortlisted for the second round. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the personal interview rounds.
- Eligible candidates who have cleared UGC CSIR, GATE, SLET or are Teacher Fellowship holder will be exempted from IRAT.
- IRAT is an objective exam conducted in pen-paper mode. Various multiple choice questions are asked from subjects like English language, reasoning, quantitative aptitude and research aptitude.
|Application forms can be submitted latest by||January 15, 2017|
|IRAT Exam||February 24, 2017|
|Personal Interview||February 25, 2017|