Mohali based Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) invites applications from the eligible candidates for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme for the session commencing from January 2017.
The Programme is being offered in the following subjects:
Earth & Environmental Science
Humanities and Social Sciences
Educational Qualification for IISER Mohali PhD Programmes:
- Candidates must have a Master's degree in MBBS/ BTech/ MTech with a sound academic record. They should be qualified in the relevant subjects through UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHM-JRF/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS) GATE/ CSIR /GPAT/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST-INSPIRE.
- Candidates applying from Biological Sciences should have pursued BTech/ MSc/ MBBS/ MTech or any equivalent degree.
- Candidates applying from Chemical Sciences should have an MSc degree in Physics/ Chemistry with a minimum of 55 per cent marks or equivalent degree.
- Those candidates applying from Mathematical Sciences with Mathematics as the primary subject should have qualified in one of the examinations like NBHM-JRF/ GATE/CSIR-UGC-NET.
- Candidates applying for Physical Sciences should be holding a Master's degree in Physics or a Bachelor's/Master's degree in engineering.
- Interested candidates applying for Environmental Sciences should have pursued MSc/ MTech/ BTech in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Physics/ Chemistry.
- Those candidates applying for Humanities and Social Sciences should have pursued MSc/ MA/ MPhil degree (with a minimum of 55 per cent marks).
Also Read: Schedule of UPSC Main Exam 2016 Out
Selection Procedure for IISER Mohali PhD Programmes:
After the scrutiny of the applications, eligible candidates will be called for an interview.
How to Apply for IISER Mohali PhD Programmes:
Candidates intending to apply for the programme have to apply at the official website of institute
Important Dates for IISER Mohali PhD Programmes:
October 10, is the last date for the submission of online applications.