- News byStream
IIT Kharagpur and MIT to Together Launch Urbanisation Study Course
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur is looking forward to collaborate with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and launch a new course that focusses on studying urbanisation in the developing world.
The director of the IIT Kharagpur revealed that a two-day colloquium will be organised in April 2017 wherein a joint report will be produced by IIT and MIT and the final presentation will be conducted at MIT .
Important points about the course
- The course is scheduled to start from October.
- It will be run by IIT's Department of Architecture and Regional Planning and the MIT School of Architecture and Planning.
- Student group size will be of 6-8 candidates from each institute.
- Basically, graduate students and few advanced undergraduate students will be incorporated into this course.
- The students will be divided into four groups who will work on different research agendas.
- The course will also make a strategic plan for environmental stewardship, watershed management and historic preservation of the Khowai landform with its surrounding biodiversity, in the context of growth.
- A technical model would be unveiled for delineating the region.
- The course will also prepare a strategic plan for environmental stewardship.
Also Read: IIT Kharagpur Announces Alumni Awards
The practicum will be organised at Santiniketan, Bolpur, West Bengal in a seminar-cum-studio style. This will be a mutually enriching series of conversations between the students of the two collaborating institutes. A group of faculty members and researchers from IIT Kharagpur and MIT-Harvard Boston community would further lead and guide the discussions.
Conducted by means of video conferencing, the planned sessions will be held at MIT, IIT Kharagpur and Santiniketan.
A total number of three students at Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar have secured a top offer from a ...
Not very long ago the CBSE had announced that class 12 marks will not be evaluated in the selection process through ...