The IIT Kharagpur will be conferring the distinguished Alumni Awards on the occasion of 62nd Convocation which is going to be held on July 30 and 31-July-2016. Seven eminent alumni have been selected for the awards. The selection is based on the professional achievements either in industry, academia or as an entrepreneur.
The following members have been conferred with the awards:-
- Dr. Anurag Acharya an engineer working with Google, USA has been conferred for the award. He was the alumni of the college in the year 1987. He was a Computer Science student of the institute. He is the key founder of Google Scholar since its inception.
- Ajit Jain, president of Reinsurance Division, Hathway Insurance Group, USA. He was the Mechanical engineering student of the institute in the year 1972. He works in an investment sector as well as he was a great philanthropist. He is also funding for Jain Foundation to cure muscular dystrophies.
- Dr Asoke Deysarkar, CEO, and Chairman of PHP Industries, USA was the Chemical engineering Student of the Institute in the year 1971. The family of Asoke Deysarkar helped the institute to establish a Trans-disciplinary programme in Petroleum Engineering.
- Prof. Gautam Biswas was the Mechanical engineering student of the institute in the year 1985. Right now, he is the director of IIT Guwahati. He worked as a professor in various international universities as well as he taught in IIT Kanpur and IIT Kharagpur. He has an illustrious career of 25 years.
- Prof. Indranil Manna was a Material engineering student of the institute in the year 1990. Right now, he is working as Director of IIt Kanpur. His contribution and research about material science and engineering have been recognized by various national international organizations.
- Prof. Supriyo Bandyopadhyay was a electronics student of the institute in the year 1980. Righ now, he is working as Professor of electrical engineering at Virginia Common Wealth University, USA.
- Prof. Venkatesan Tirumalai was a student of B.Sc Physics in the year 1969. Right now, he is working as Director of NanoCore, National University of Singapore. He was the founder of MBA programme in NUS and Surface Center at Rutgers University.