Indian Institute of Technology, Madras is going to launch a free online course on Introduction to Modern Application Development. The course focuses on basic programming skills through which learning of app development is possible. The duration of the course is five weeks. The course will start from 5th September 2016. The registrations for the course are open, and the interested candidates can apply through the official website.
Also read:- UGC Frames Guidelines of Online Courses
The course is designed to maintain the balance between theory and practical by focusing on building an application. The candidates can take the course from the comfort of their home. Short 20-minute videos will be made available on YouTube, and the candidates can watch the videos anytime. The candidates have to take graded assignments and a final test to help one remain focused through the course.
Also read:- Career Guide to Become an Android Developer
The course comprises of five modules:-
- Module (i) gives an introduction to the Internet and common network protocols.
- Module (ii) focuses on building a web application.
- Module (iii) lays emphasis on modelling data by using databases.
- Module (iv) trains on how to ensure security for the application.
- Module (v) teaches how to build a mobile application.
The students who complete the course will have a chance of internships at some of the top companies. Some of the companies have already tied up with the Institute to provide interview opportunities to the students. The institute awards certificate to those who clear the examination.