- Articles byStream
Career Guide to Become an Android Developer
A career in Android development can be very productive as the Android market is on the lead and is definitely not going anywhere for a while. Get to know more about a career in Android Development, its scope, education required, colleges and courses you should opt as well as the job prospects.
Android is most certainly the global smartphone market mogul. Despite of competitive technologies emerging in the smartphone market, Android has been successful in maintaining its stance as the market leader and occupies more than 80% of the market share with progressive statistics in emerging markets such as Turkey, Mexico and Brazil.
Another reason why it is one of the aptest careers for people interested in development is that Android is an open source platform making it more attractive as you can browse the entire Android source code with the help of software such as Google Play. It has attracted a lot of developers as the development has become more dynamic and collectively enriching.
Google also provides development aid to developers via Google Play Services. With the market ripe for hiring android developers, it is the right time to start planning a career in android development. Check out the qualifications required to pursue a career in android development and the scope of employability.
What to Study to become an Android Developer?
Android comes under the technical domain, therefore, technical education is essential to become an android developer. Students from non-science background can also become Android developers, provided they have studied Mathematics till class 12 and pursued an IT oriented education. Following are the education qualifications required to become an Android developer:
- A graduate degree in B.Tech Computer Science Engineering/IT, B.Sc. /Computer Application/IT or BCA.
- Certificate in Android development from a good institute adds value to your qualifications as a developer.
- M.Tech or MCA are the options for those who want to pursue masters. However, it is not mandatory to do masters to become an Android developer.
Also Read: Fun-do Career Options after BCA-MCA
Skills required to become an Android Developer:
For an android developer, it is essential that he possesses some technical skills without which development is not possible. First things first: the technical skills. Android apps can be developed on either of the platforms like Mac, Windows PC, or Linux computer. Developers must be well versed with the following:
- Java – is the most essential aspect of Android development is the programming language Java. You must be comfortable with this programming language and all the related concepts such as loops, functions, variables, etc. in order to become a qualified android developer.
- SQL – knowing the basics of SQL is also essential as you will require databases for storage when you are developing Android apps. Without knowing SQL queries you can’t send and retrieve information to the database embedded with the android application.
- Android Software Development Kit (SDK) and Android Studio – it is one of the major skills that you will require. The best part about this is that is free of cost tool-kit that doesn’t require license subscription. It can be easily downloaded and similarly Android Studio can also be downloaded that is the officially integrated development environment (IDE) for Android app development. The Android SDK is the building block of android development as it includes sample code, handy coding tools, software libraries and other essential kits to used in building, test, and debug Android applications.
- XML – developers must also be aware of the use of XML to describe data. It is essential to design user-friendly interfaces for the applications there one must know the basic prospects of the language.
Some good engineering colleges that offer CSE/IT in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi
Check more colleges at: Computer Science colleges in India
Good Institutes that offer Android training and internships in India:
- Android Institute
- Pristine Info Solutions
- Byte Code Cyber Security Pvt. Ltd.
- Besant Technologies
With organizations like Google relying on Android development to enhance their business growth, there is a lot of scope for placements in this domain. The best part is that jobs in the android development sector have great employment security. Check out some of the most renowned organizations that hire android developers:
- Code Brew Labs
- Debut Infotech
- Konstant Infosolutions
- Affle AppStudioz
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM) selects students on the basis of scores secured by a candidate in either XAT, ...
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore - the conducting body of Common Admission Test or CAT 2016 has released ...