- News byStream
Javadekar Discuss Education-related Matters with Sikkim HRD Minister Over Phone
Prakash Javadekar who is the Human Resources Development Minister recently got a call from the HRD Minister of Sikkim, RB Subba who wanted to discuss the things that required centre's approval.
The Sikkim Minister discussed the following things:
- The Union Minister was requested to approve the extra 50 seats of Sikkim Government B Ed College which is in Soreng.
- He told the Union Minister that for National institute of Technology(NIT) at Ravangla a new site has been suggested in south Sikkim and he also mentioned that soon the selection committee will check out the site to finalise it.
- Union Minister was also informed that according to the RUSA guidelines Sikkim comes under EBD i.e. Educationally Backward District so, he requested Javadekar to approve the benefits.
- He reminded the Union Minister that on 3rd June' 16 the Minister promised a Livelihood College in Sikkim at Dentam.
- The Sikkim Minister asked for help and support to upgrade the State's Law College into National law University,
- He also requested the Union Minister to Grant an IIT or IIM for Sikkim as recently it has become an education hub in the northeast.
Also Read: HRD Ministry to Review IITs Tuition Fee Hike
These were the highlights of the phone call, a lot more issues were discussed and the ministers came up with a lot of solutions and ideas to make Sikkim an educationally updated city.
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
Gurgaon’s Tanmay Pathak has outperformed all candidates in the UCEED exam 2017. Tanmay topped the exam with 224 ...
Graduate Management Admission Test, popularly known as GMAT, is an entrance examination that is conducted for the ...