- News byStream
Javadekar Discuss Education-related Matters with Sikkim HRD Minister Over Phone
Prakash Javadekar who is the Human Resources Development Minister recently got a call from the HRD Minister of Sikkim, RB Subba who wanted to discuss the things that required centre's approval.
The Sikkim Minister discussed the following things:
- The Union Minister was requested to approve the extra 50 seats of Sikkim Government B Ed College which is in Soreng.
- He told the Union Minister that for National institute of Technology(NIT) at Ravangla a new site has been suggested in south Sikkim and he also mentioned that soon the selection committee will check out the site to finalise it.
- Union Minister was also informed that according to the RUSA guidelines Sikkim comes under EBD i.e. Educationally Backward District so, he requested Javadekar to approve the benefits.
- He reminded the Union Minister that on 3rd June' 16 the Minister promised a Livelihood College in Sikkim at Dentam.
- The Sikkim Minister asked for help and support to upgrade the State's Law College into National law University,
- He also requested the Union Minister to Grant an IIT or IIM for Sikkim as recently it has become an education hub in the northeast.
Also Read: HRD Ministry to Review IITs Tuition Fee Hike
These were the highlights of the phone call, a lot more issues were discussed and the ministers came up with a lot of solutions and ideas to make Sikkim an educationally updated city.
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has offered scholarships to thirty graduating students of Indian ...
One of the biggest confusion after appearing for B-school entrance exams is the evaluation procedure. There is a void ...