Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The High Court of Karnataka has taken up the fourth hearing on KCET 2022 ranks today, and the matter has been listed at Serial No. 51. The hearing took place at Court Hall No. 2. Today’s hearing of Karnataka HC was crucial as the decision of CET ranks was taken basis the proposal submitted by the government. The bench assembled at 10:30 AM, and the matter has been heard by Honorable Acting Chief Justice and Honorable Justice Vishwajith Shetty.
Karnataka High Court's Judgment on KCET 2022 Ranks
The High Court of Karnataka has delivered its judgment on KCET 2022 ranks. Here are the major highlights -
- The bench heard the arguments and concluded that the proposal submitted by the government regarding KCET 2022 ranks is logical and uniform
- The counsel representing the repeater students failed to give a logical explanation of why the Karnataka government's proposal on CET ranks 2022 is not acceptable
- After hearing the arguments, the court passed an order stating the proposal submitted by Karnataka Government on KCET 2022 ranks is acceptable
- The revised results of KCET 2022 will be released in a due course of time as per the new ranking method of the Karnataka Government
- This new ranking method will apply only for the year 2022
- PDF of Judgment will be uploaded today evening
Also Read: Karnataka Govt's Proposal on KCET Ranks 2022
The government’s proposal on CET ranks 2022 received a mixed response from students. While some students call it fair, some call it unfair. The 44:50 weightage for repeater students will not make much difference, according to students and parents. As PUC 2 exams were not conducted in 2021 and all students were declared qualified through a special evaluation procedure, the number of repeater students securing 95% or above is high.
Also Read: JoSAA Round 1 Seat Allotment Result 2022
Here are the important details pertaining to today’s Karnataka HC hearing on KCET 2022 -
Type of Petition
September 23, 2022
List No. 1
Serial/ Item Number
Bench Assemble Time
Expected Time of Hearing
On September 22, 2022, the Government of Karnataka submitted its solution on KCET 2022 ranks for repeaters and fresher students. The government suggested a reduction of 6% marks for PUC 2021 students from the qualifying marks and implement the CET ranking system.