Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
King George Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission to B.Sc Nursing for the academic year 2016-17 through entrance test.
Admission to B.Sc Nursing Course in the Nursing Colleges, which are affiliated to the University, will be made on the basis of entrance examination scheduled to be held on 10th July 2016, Sunday at Lucknow. The Colleges are:
- College of Nursing, KGMU, Lucknow
- Vivekanand College of Nursing, Lucknow
- Sahara College of Nursing, Lucknow
- Samarpan College of Nursing,Chinhat, Lucknow
- G.S.R.M. College of Nursing, Sarojini Nagar, Lucknow
- BCM College of Nursing, Khairabad, Sitapur
Important Dates for B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2016
- Application Form Available (Online): 01st May 2016
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 20th June 2016
- Admit Card Available Online from 30th June 2016
- Date of Exam: 10th July 2016 (Sunday, 11.00 am to 02.00 pm)
- Result can be seen on Website from 15th July 2016 onwards
- Date of 1st Counselling: 20th July 2016
- Date of 2nd Counselling: 30th July 2016
- Duration of B.Sc Nursing Course: Duration of Course is four years
Minimum qualifications for admission are as per latest INC regulation:
a) 10+2 with 45% marks in science (PCBE) from any recognized board (Physics/Chemistry/Biology or Biotechnology/English)
b) Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Govt. & National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by central government having Science subjects and English only
c) Minimum age for admission is 17 years on or before 31st December 2016
d) 5% of total marks is relaxed for SC/ST candidates
Scheme of Examination
- Examination will be of 180 minutes duration and will be from 11.00 AM to 02.00 PM.
- Candidates are required to be present at the exam center 60 minutes before the commencement of the exam and to be seated 30 minutes before the time of exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter in the exam hall 15 minutes after the seating time.
- Candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall only after completion of exam.
- Examination will be on MCQ basis in English language only.
- The MCQ has "One Correct option" There shall be no Negative Marking.
- Use of Ball Pen only (Blue or Black) allowed.
Application & Exam Fee
- Online Application can be submitted on official website.
- No Application Form shall be received by post. Official Bank for submission of Fee is Allahabad Bank and HDFC Bank (Any CBS branch in India or by Master/Visa Card)
- Account - (A) KGMU, B.Sc Nursing 2016, Allahabad Bank, A/C No.: 50277920995, IFSC Code: LLA0211028, Branch: KGMC, Lucknow, U.P
- KGMU, B.Sc Nursing 2016, HDFC Bank, A/C No.: 50200011776092, IFSC Code: HDFC0000596, Chowk Branch, Lucknow, U.P.
- Candidates for the entrance test will have to pay a fee of Rs.2000/- for Gen & OBC and Rs.1200/- for SC/ST payable through Allahabad Bank or HDFC Bank
- Examination Fee shall be submitted with prescribed application form and online only
- For this first, download bank Challan from website www.kgmu.org and deposit the exam fee in any branch of Allahabad Bank or HDFC Bank branch in India.
- Candidate will be provided a receipt with transaction ID number on its deposition. It is to be required to upload a scanned copy of this Bank receipt with this transaction ID for filling the application form.
- In case of payment by bank Challan candidate require re-login with their login ID and Password. Two working days after making payment, candidate will be able to fill the application form.
- No T.A/D.A will be paid for attending the Entrance Exam/Interview/Counselling.
The selection of the candidates will be strictly based on the merit of the entrance examination and preference of the college given by the candidate.
Source: Rahul Pandey, City Journalist - Lucknow, CollegeDekho