- News byStream
Linkedin and Accenture to Promote Innovation by Organising HackFest for Students
Here is an opportunity for students who are brilliant enough to change the world with their innovative ideas. LinkedIn and Accenture are all set to organise HackFest 2016 for all final and pre-final year students of India to show their problem-solving skills and creativity in solving day to day problems faced by people.
Some of the important details of this fest are mentioned below:
- Organised by : Linkedin and Accenture
- Duration of fest: 20 hours, non-stop
- Venue: Bangalore
- Date: September 24-25
- Students need to enroll themselves for the fest prior to the event.
- Last date for applications: August 15
How does the fest work?
- Students will be divided into groups of maximum 4 students on the very first day of the event.
- The fest has been named Hackfest 2016 as the students will need to find hacks to the problems by developing and coming up with new ideas to upgrade human performance.
- The problem/ themes/ topic will be given to the students then and there.
- 1st Prize: Winning team will not only be awarded the first prize, but also new products from Apple, Bose and Motorola worth Rs 2 lakh.
- 2nd and 3rd Prize: The team winning the second prize and third prize will receive products from Bose and Amazon, worth Rs 1 lakh.
Accenture’s chief leadership and human resources officer, Ellyn Shook said that this fest was started with the main aim to solve some of the biggest problems faced by people with the help of solutions given by the young minds. He then explained the need of new ideas as the solutions that once used to work for problems, might not work in the future as well.
According to Pat Wadors, senior vice president of LinkedIn’s global talent organisation, this will be a great opportunity to work with young minds who will later turn out to be the future workforce and will get a chance to see how they would work and the ideas that will exist in the future. Also, this fest will provide students with an opportunity to work and come up with new innovative ideas for a better future.
Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis announced that the students who want to avail scholarships must link ...
The Goa Institute of Management (GIM) selects students on the basis of scores secured by a candidate in either XAT, ...