The popular School of Journalism and Film Production of Lovely Professional University (LPU) plays a unique role in fostering and promoting creative talent, and is therefore a testimony to its culture of excellence.
Performance of LPU Journalism & Film Production students:
- A student of the school, Hansjit, has been awarded the 43rd Student Academy Award for his Hollywood film projects. Also known as the 'Student Oscars and Emmy Awards', these were held in the state of California in the USA.
- Ahsif Khan, on the ther hand, has been awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Film Award in the student film category.
- A team of other creative students were awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for their socially educative Ad-film.
- LPU students are also doing well in various TV reality shows such as Voice India (&TV), Dil Hai Hindustani (Star Plus) etc.
While expressing his happiness over the success of LPU students, Vice Chancellor of the University, Mr. Ashok Mittal said that the department's strength lies in its curriculum that enables students to work hard in the practical as well as creative aspects. The students work in close proximity with corporates, magazines, newspapers, TV channels and other such media platforms.
What sets LPU School of Journalism & Film Production apart from others?
- Committed faculty members who have wide experiences at international and national publications
- Teachers have more research exposure in the field
- Faculty continuously thrives to innovate on pedagogy so that effective learning is enhanced
- Industry oriented curriculum, live projects, hands-on exposure and regular interaction with media professionals and celebrities helps the student to become multi-skilled and highly innovative professionals who are able to meet and exceed the dynamic needs of the industry
- LPU offers industry oriented practical training in the state-of-the-art labs and studios where students are trained in areas such as editing, event management, program production, photography, PR and advertising etc. which equips them to pick from the varied career options available to them.
- Students are exposed to all dimensions of the electronic, print and new media so that they can enhance their technical skills in the field.
Interestingly, at present, many of LPU students are working as Content Developors, Reporters, Radio Jockeys (RJs), PR Managers, Film Directors, Production Managers, Editors and Correspondents in various prestigious media houses.