Admission open in JECRC University for session 2019

Maharashtra: Centre Sanctions Rs.650 Crore for SC Student Scholarship

Published: | September 04, 2019
Masharastra governemnt receives scholarship grants

The Centre has sanctioned Rs 650 crore for scheduled caste (SC) students’ scholarship to enable them to pursue higher studies. The state government has already provided its share of 40 percent.

As per the lastest Fund-Sharing Pattern introduced by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the central government granted Rs 650 crore for the scheduled caste student scholarships to facilitate the higher education amongst the group. Under the new fund sharing scheme, the state and central government would be coming together to aid the education of students in every state.

Suresh Khade, Minister of State at the Ministry of Social Justice recently passed the news of receiving funds from the center. He also mentioned that the state government of Maharashtra has already made a contribution of 40 percent as per the new fund sharing pattern.

A few months ago, there was a meeting held in Delhi to address the issue of scholarships for backward classes to support their higher education and living expenses. Minister of State, Ramdas Athavale was also a part of the discussion.

Also Read: Delay in PM Scholarship Deadlines

New Fund Sharing Pattern Highlights

After the meeting held in July, the following objectives were drawn by the members of state and center:

  • The state would be contributing 40 percent for the scholarships of backward classes, whereas, the center will be giving the rest 60 percent amount.
  • This pattern is supporting the Post-Matric Scholarship scheme that motivates students from backward classes to complete their education.

Governments of state and center come up with many such scholarships to support the reserved categories in every possible way. These motivate students to complete education without the fear of finances. Some of them are:

  • Pre-matric Scholarship
  • ONGC Scholarship
  • Merit Scholarship for Other Backward Classes students in Technical Education (Delhi)
  • Merit Scholarship for Other Backward Classes Students
  • Central Sector Scheme of National Oversea
  • National fellowship for Other Backward Classes.

Also Read: Telangana Government Overseas Scholarships

The scholarship grant by the center has completed the funding for post-matric funding, the state government can now work for benefiting the backward classes of the state by the amount.

Admission Updates for 2019

Get Help From Our Expert Counsellors

Admission Updates for 2019

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

By proceeding ahead you expressly agree to the CollegeDekho terms of use and privacy policy
Apply Now